The United States expandable polystyrene (EPS) market is expected to value USD 514.2 million in 2017 and reach USD 573.5 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 2.21%, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
Expanded polystyrene (EPS) is a versatile, lightweight material that can be used to manufacture a variety of products. EPS offers high-performance, with economical support for a wide variety of items from sensitive electronics to appliances to pharmaceutical. Manufacturers rely on EPS packaging because of its ability to prevent and minimize product damage during transit, along with the excellent insulation properties required for food and medical shipments.
A major market driver identified in this report is the benefit EPS provides over other materials. EPS is 98% air, which makes it an effective insulator. EPS offers the highest insulating capacity per dollar among all the materials, which is used for rigid insulation, thus, lowers the overall costs. In addition, EPS offers the benefit of permeability, which is beneficial in the cases where insulation is required for an existing wall system. However, the stringent regulations imposed by environmental and governmental organizations on EPS are the hindrances to the market growth.
The market has been segmented on the basis of product type and end-user industry. In 2016, based on product type, in terms of volume, white EPS dominated the market with a share of about 70%. In 2016, based on application, in terms of volume, the building & construction segment dominated the market with a share of 70%.
Based on end-users, the market has been segmented into Northeast (New England, and Mid-Atlantic), Midwest (East North Central & West North Central), South (South Atlantic, East South Central, West South Central) and West (Mountain & Pacific).
Opportunities and Major Players
The increasing investments in, both, the residential and non-residential sectors in the US construction industry are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the United States expandable polystyrene (EPS) market.
Major Companies and Vendors in the Market Include:
- Dart Container Corporation
- Flint Hills Resources LLC
- Nexkemia Petrochemicals, Inc
- Nova Chemicals Corporation
- Market analysis, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the United States expandable polystyrene (EPS) market
- A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Trade Analysis
3.4 Price Analysis
3.5 Policies & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Advantage over Competitive Materials
4.1.2 Recycling In EPS Industry
4.2.1 Environmental Concerns
4.2.2 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.3.1 Booming Construction Industry
5. Market Segmentation (Market Size, CAGR & Forecast)
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 White EPS
5.1.2 Grey EPS
5.1.3 Silver EPS
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Building and Construction (Includes Geofoam)
6. Major End-Users
6.1 Northeast (New England and Mid-Atlantic)
6.2 Midwest (East North Central & West North Central)
6.3 South (South Atlantic, East South Central, West South Central)
6.4 West (Mountain & Pacific)
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted By Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 Dart Container Corporation
8.2 Flint Hills Resources LLC
8.3 Nexkemia Petrochemicals, Inc.
8.4 Nova Chemicals Corporation
8.5 Plasti-Fab Ltd.
8.9 Styropek USA Inc. (Alpek)
8.10 TOTAL S.A.
*(list not exhaustive)
** Subject to availability on public domain