The UAE architectural paints and coatings market is expected to value USD 409.23 million in 2017 and reach USD 575.36 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 7.05%, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
Architectural paints and coatings are manufactured by the raw materials derived from petrochemicals. They are used for applications, such as decorative purposes, protecting the surface from weathering impacts, surface waterproofing, protecting the surface from the termite attacks, and increase durability, along with providing aesthetic appeal to the building. They offer protection against corrosion, bacteria, UV radiation, fungus, water seepage, algae, and further, enhance life of the structure. They are generally employed as interior and exterior house paints, primers, and sealers.
The market is driven by the increased focus on infrastructure and construction development in South Dubai, and growing demand from various residential projects. However, environmental regulations associated with paints and coatings and the increasing prices of raw materials used to make architectural paints and coatings are likely to hamper the market growth.
The UAE architectural paints and coatings market is segmented on the basis of technology, resin, and construction type. Under the technology market segment, water-borne sub-segment dominated the market with a share of 78% in 2016. Based on resin type, the vinyl sub-segment dominated the market in 2016, with more than 50% of the total market share.
Opportunities and Major Players
The shift of focus towards eco-friendly coatings and Jumeirah central project, and the master plan developed by Dubai Holding to become the world capital, are expected to be the major growth opportunities for players in the UAE architectural paints and coatings market.
The Major Market Players Include:
- Berger Paints Emirates Ltd
- Market analysis, with region specific assessments and competitive analysis of UAE and regional scale
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios and prospective opportunities
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the UAE architectural paints and coatings market on UAE and regional scale
- A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and to identify the regions that are still untapped
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers (Customers)
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Regulatory Policy Analysis
3.4 Raw Material Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Focus on Infrastructure and Construction Development in Dubai South
4.1.2 Growing Demand from Various Residential Projects
4.2.1 Increasing Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Environmental Impact and Regulations
4.3.1 Shifting Focus towards Eco-Friendly Coatings
4.3.2 Jumeirah Central Project
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
5.1 By Technology
5.2 By Resin Type
5.2.5 Poly Urethane
5.3 By Construction Type
5.3.2 Commercial (Non-Residential)
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, & Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted By Leading Players
7. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
7.1 Berger Paints Emirates Ltd
7.2 Becker Industrial Coatings L.L.C.
7.6 Sigma (Ppg) Paints
7.8 Kansai Paints Co., Ltd.
7.9 National Paints Factories Co.
7.10 Arya Paints
7.11 Akzonobel N.V.
7.12 Mas Paints
7.14 Gulf Paints
7.15 Emver Paints
*(List not Exhaustive)
** Subject to availability on public domain