These chemicals form an integral part of the wastewater treatment industry, as they prevent corrosion, bacterial deposition, fouling, scaling, and stress cracking. These chemicals are extensively used to filter water, handle fluids, concentrate solutions, recover byproducts, and treat wastewater for recycling or discharge. Usage of such chemicals can also be combined with other treatment methods, such as spiral membrane equipment, filters, hollow-fiber membranes, electro-dialysis/electro-dialysis reversal systems, and electro-deionization equipment, in numerous configurations to enhance the efficiency. Owing to the depleting ground and surface water resources, prevailing droughts and increasing demand for fresh water for industrial uses, utilization of other non-conventional water resources i.e. wastewater has become prominent.
The Pakistani water treatment chemicals market is driven by the necessity for water purification, through an inexpensive and rapid methodology. There is a growing application scope in many manufacturing processes, mineral and mining processes, and oil & gas extraction. A variety of water treatment chemicals are manufactured for different stages of wastewater treatment process, on the basis of which they are classified into flocculants, coagulants, biocides, defoamers, odor control agents, and pH adjusters, amongst others. The shifting focus towards the usage of green chemicals and the growing demand for specific formulations are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the market growth in Pakistan. However, this market faces obstacles, such as high capital investments, the dearth of awareness, and technical advancements about water treatment chemicals. These factors may act as a roadblock to the growth of this market.
NOTABLE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MARKET
- In Apr 2017, Pakistani government announced the feasibility of setting up wastewater effluent treatment plants in Gwadar City as a part of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
- In Jan 2017, industrialists of the economic hub in Pakistan called for setting up five combined effluent treatment plants, one each at the five industrial zones of Karachi - estimated to cost around PKR 13 billion to be shared by the Sindh and federal governments, equally.
- Will the growing consumer awareness for purified water, increase the growth of the water treatment chemicals market?
- Know about: The latest regulations and policies of water treatment chemicals
- How will the lack of technical advancements affect the water treatment chemicals market?
- Analyzing various market perspectives, with the help of porter’s five forces analysis
- What would be the impact of CPEC initiatives on setting up water treatment chemicals plants?
- Which of the end user industries will witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
- - CWG Water Technology
- - Orient Energy Systems
- - RCB Chemicals and Services
- - R.O.TACK Water Technology
- - Ziko Chemicals Industries
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 PESTLE Analysis
3.4 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Adoption Rate
4.1.2 Increasing Range of Applications
4.2.1 Hazardous Nature of Hydrazine
4.2.2 Lack of Technical Advancements for Better Treatment
4.2.3 Lack of National Policy on Sustainable Use of Wastewater
4.2.4 High Capital Investments
4.3.1 Increase in Demand for Specific Formulations
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.3 Biocides & Disinfectants
5.1.4 Defoamers & Defoaming Agents
5.1.5 pH Adjusters
5.1.6 Odor Control Agents
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.1 Commercial & Institutional
5.2.2 Electric Power Generation
5.2.3 Oil & Gas
5.2.5 Mineral & Mining Processing
6. Future of the market
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
8.1 A&I Associates
8.2 Annex International (Pvt) Limited
8.3 Anyer Copolymers
8.4 Applied Aquaproducts Services (Pvt) Ltd.
8.5 Aqviro Engineering Services
8.6 Arco Chemicals
8.7 Beta Chemicals
8.8 Bravo Chemicals
8.9 Endress Hauser
8.10 Ensure Pure Water Technologies
8.11 Hydrotek Engg and Chemicals
8.12 Intersales Network (Pvt) Ltd.
8.13 Ici Pakistan Limited
8.14 Maxon Chemical Products (Pvt) Ltd.
8.15 Micro Filtration System
8.16 Miracle Laboratories
8.17 Orient Engineering Services
8.18 Prime Chemicals Corporation (Pvt) Ltd.
8.19 Raaz Trade Services
8.20 Radiant Chemical (Pvt) Ltd.
8.21 Rcb Chemicals & Services
8.22 R.O Track Water Technologies
8.23 Sn Traders
8.24 Solarkaz International (Pvt) Ltd.
8.25 Taco International Pvt Ltd.
8.26 Value Engineering
8.27 Water Tec Engineering
8.28 Water Solution
8.29 Ziko Chemicals Industries
8.30 Ecolab Inc. (Nalco)
8.31 Solenis International LP (Formerly Ashland Water Technologies)
8.32 Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive