Water-soluble polymers can perform various useful functions like gelling, flocculating, thickening, stabilizing, and rheology-modifying in a wide-range of applications. The diverse applications of these polymers include water treatments, food processing, paper & pulp, personal care, pharmaceuticals, etc.
One of the major drivers of the water-soluble polymers market is the US shale gas drilling. The guar gum, among other water-soluble polymers, is largely used in hydraulic fracturing. The rise in its demand has significantly increased the prices of guar gum. The market is also driven by the growing water treatment industry in the Asia-Pacific region. The growing investments by big players like BASF, CNPC, and Beijing Hengju are expected to boost the market. However, fluctuating raw material prices, along with the rising environmental concerns, can restrain the market growth. Recent research and development in making bio-based acrylamide can be an opportunity for the future growth of the market.
Polyacrylamide, among other water-soluble polymers, is the largest and fastest-growing market, mainly due to its application in water treatment and the petroleum industry. Guar gum, which is produced in Asia, is the second major market, with India and Pakistan being the leading producers.
Asia-Pacific accounts for a majority of the water-soluble polymers market, with XX% of the total market size. China is the leading and fastest-growing market regarding value and consumption. Europe is the second biggest market, followed by North America.
Some of the major companies are:
- Beijing Hengju Chemical
- CP Kelco
- Gelita AG
- Kemira Oyj
- Market analysis for the global water-soluble polymers market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global water-soluble polymers market on both, global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Market Definition
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Water-Soluble Polymer Market
3.1 Market Overview and Definition
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.3.5 Degree of Competetion
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Shale Gas Industry
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Flocculants & Coagulants
4.1.3 Increasing Water Treatment Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.2.1 Fluctuation in Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Government Regulations on Polymer Usage
4.3.1 Increasing Demand for Bio-Based Acrylamide.
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By End-User Industry
5.1.1 Water Treatment
5.1.3 Personal Care & Hygiene
5.1.4 Oil & Gas
5.1.5 Pulp & Paper
5.2 By Type
5.2.2 Polyvinyl Alcohol
5.2.3 Guar Gum
5.2.4 Cellulose Ether
5.2.6 Xanthan Gum
5.2.8 Polyacrylic Acid
5.2.9 Polyethylene Glycols
5.3 By Application
5.3.3 Dispersing, Stabilizing, Suspending
5.3.4 Film Forming
5.3.7 Rheology Modification
5.3.8 Thickening and Gelling
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6.1.5 South Korea
6.1.7 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.8 ASEAN Countries
6.1.9 Rest of APAC
6.2.7 The Netherlands
6.2.8 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.4 Rest of Nrth Am
6.4 South America
6.4.4 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East and Africa
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Saudi Arabia
6.5.5 Rest of MEA
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.4 Beijing Hengju Chemical
8.5 CP Kelco
8.8 Gelita AG
8.9 Kemira Oyj
8.10 Kuraray Group
8.11 Nitta Gelatin Inc
8.12 Polysciences, Inc.
8.13 Shandong Polymers Bio-chemicals Co. Ltd
8.14 Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Company
8.15 The Dow Chemical Company