Intrinsic Properties Driving the Market
The major driver for the global waterproof breathable textile market is the accelerating demand in various active sportswear applications, because of its ability to protect from extreme weather conditions. Apart from this, increasing government support for research on waterproof breathable textiles, coupled with the stringent rules and regulations imposed by the government on VOC emissions and other hazardous air pollutants, is opening a gateway of opportunities in the global waterproof breathable textile market.
Asia-Pacific Region Registering High Growth Rate
Europe currently dominates the market with a share of about 29%, but Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate. Growing demand for the footwear and garment industry in China and the Indian government’s initiatives like “Make in India” to increase foreign investment are expected to drive the Asia-Pacific waterproof breathable textile market.
Membrane Segment Witnessing High Growth Rate
The market has been segmented by textile, type of raw material, and end-user industry. By textile type, the membrane segment is expected to dominate the global market and witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period because of its excellent mechanical properties and water resistance. By type of raw material, the poly tetra fluoro ethylene (PTFE) segment is expected to dominate the global market.
Key Developments in the Market
- May 2017: Toray Industries Inc, announced their decision to launch and market a new waterproof textile material which will commence from June, 2017.
Reason to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the global waterproof breathable textiles market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which textile, raw material and application is expected to dominate the market
- Which country is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Preference towards High-Performance and Comfortable Fabrics
4.1.2 Growing Fitness Awareness
4.1.3 Increasing Use of Recycled PET Bottles to Manufacture Waterproof Breathable Fabrics
4.2.1 Increasing Involvement in Outdoor Activities
4.2.2 Changing Fashion Trends
4.3.1 Advancement in Plasma and Silicon-Based Technology
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market by Textile
5.1.1 Densely Woven
5.2 By Type of Raw Material
5.2.2 Poly Tetra Fluoro Ethylene (PTFE)
5.2.3 Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
5.2.4 Polyester Microfilament Yarns
5.3 By End-User Industry
5.4 By Application
5.4.1 Active Sportswear
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis**
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Fianancials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
8.1 APT Fabrics
8.3 Columbia Sportswear Co.
8.4 Dow Corning Corp.
8.5 General Electric
8.6 Heartland Textiles Co. Ltd.
8.7 HeiQ Materials
8.8 Helly Hansen
8.9 Huntsman Textile Effects
8.10 Jack Wolfskin GmbH & Co.
8.11 Lowe Alpine International S.r.l.
8.12 Marmot Mountain LLC
8.13 Mitsui & Co.
8.14 Mountain Hardwear
8.15 Nextec Applications
8.16 Nike Inc.
8.17 P2i Ltd.
8.18 Patagonia Inc.
8.19 Polartec LLC
8.20 Rudolf Group
8.21 Schoeller Technologies AG
8.22 SympaTex Technologies GMBH
8.23 Tanatex Chemicals B.V.
8.24 The North Face
8.25 Toray Industries
8.26 W. L. Gore & Associates Inc.
*list not Exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- APT Fabrics
- Columbia Sportswear Co.
- Dow Corning Corp.
- General Electric
- Heartland Textiles Co. Ltd.
- HeiQ Materials
- Helly Hansen
- Huntsman Textile Effects
- Jack Wolfskin GmbH & Co.
- Lowe Alpine International S.r.l.
- Marmot Mountain LLC
- Mitsui & Co.
- Mountain Hardwear
- Nextec Applications
- Nike Inc.
- P2i Ltd.
- Patagonia Inc.
- Polartec LLC
- Rudolf Group
- Schoeller Technologies AG
- SympaTex Technologies GMBH
- Tanatex Chemicals B.V.
- The North Face
- Toray Industries
- W. L. Gore & Associates Inc.