Bromobenzene is mainly used during the preparation of phenylmagnesium bromide, a versatile Grignard reagent used to prepare benzoic acid, secondary amines, benzophenones, and other chemicals. Bromobenzene is also used to introduce phenyl groups in coupling reactions like Suzuki reactions. These reactions are used widely for synthesizing intermediates used in pharmaceuticals or fine chemicals. Additionally, bromobenzene is a precursor in the manufacture of phencyclidine, a dissociative drug.
The growing pharmaceutical industry is expected to drive the demand for bromobenzene, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period). Moreover, the growing demand for copolymers, plastics, and emulsifiers is driving the growth of bromobenzene market. This forms the basis for market segmentation into product and application. However, bromobenzene is highly flammable, forms explosive peroxides and reacts violently with water, which makes it difficult to be handled. Chlorine containing aromatic compounds are preferred by the industry over bromide derivatives because of the cost difference. This factor may acts as a major roadblock for the growth of bromobenzene market.
Areas with Scope for Bromobenzene North America and Europe are leading the market based on consumption of bromobenzene, respectively. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market in the coming years, owing to the growing pharmaceutical industry. The Middle Eastern market is expected to grow rapidly owing to the infrastructural development and production facilities.
Notable Developments in the Market
- Hawks Chemicals, a leading manufacturer of bromine derivatives, agreed to the sales and business cooperation with DABEER S.A, a Spanish manufacturer of chelates, chelating agents, and complexes.
- The Jordan Bromine Company Ltd commenced a massive expansion work for its current plant at Ghoar El-Safi area on the Dead Sea, worth USD 150 million.
- Know about: the latest regulations and policies associated with bromobenzene
- Analyzing various market perspectives with the help of porter’s five forces analysis
- Which of the regions will witness the fastest growth during forecast period?
- Will the growing copolymer industry effect the bromobenzene market?
- Will the price difference between chlorine-substituted aromatic compounds and those of bromine be detrimental to bromobenzene market?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
- - Hawks Scientific Ltd
- - A. B. Enterprises
- - Shanghai Wescco Chemical Co. Ltd
- - Formosa Chemicals & Fiber Corporation
- - Alpha Chemicals
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Feedstock Analysis
3.3.1 Global Capacity by Key Feedstock
3.4 Technological Snapshot
3.4.1 Production Process
3.4.2 Technology Licensing and Patent Analysis
3.5 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Pharmaceutical Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Co-polymers and Bi-phenyls
4.2.1 Low-cost of Chlorine-substituted Compunds
4.2.2 Concern over the Industrial Release of Bromobenzene into Environment
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Products
5.1.1 Phenylmagnesium bromide
5.1.3 Other chemicals
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Reagent in Suzuki Coupling
5.2.2 Solvent for Chemical Recrystallisation
5.2.3 Additive in Motor Oils
6. Regional Market Analysis - (Market size, Growth, and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.7 NORDIC Countries
6.3.8 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Hawks Scientific Ltd.
9.2 Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC
9.3 City Chemicals LLP
9.4 Chanzhou Elly Industrial Import and Export Co. Ltd.
9.5 Shanghai Wescco Chemical Co. Ltd.
9.6 A. B. Enterprises
9.7 Alpha Chemica
9.8 Weifang Yonhop Chemical Co. Ltd.
9.9 Shandong Henglian Chemical CO. Ltd.
9.10 ChemSampCo Inc
9.11 Sontaro Organo Industries
9.12 Fang Qioa East Chemical Plant
*List not exhaustive