The market is estimated to count XX kilotons in 2017 and expected to reach XX kilo tons by 2022, registering a CAGR of XX% during 2017-2021 (the forecast period).
Benzene, a colorless and flammable liquid used in industrial chemicals, is used to manufacture plastics, paints & coatings, resins, synthetic fibers, rubber lubricants, dyes, detergents, drugs, and pesticides. Growing demand for styrene polymers and polyesters from various end-user industries is driving the market for benzene, globally. However, there are a few restrains the market is facing, due to the detrimental effects of benzene exposure and production losses because of the turnarounds in Japan.
In the report, the global benzene market has been segmented based on derivative. Ethyl benzene, with a market share of around XX%, was the largest market for benzene in 2016. Ethyl benzene, used to manufacture styrene polymers, is experiencing a demand growth from the electronic, automotive, consumer goods, and various other industries, thus, is expected to accelerate the market during 2017-2021 (the forecast period).
Geographically, the market has been segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and Middle-East & Africa. In 2016, Asia-Pacific was the leading consumer of benzene market accounting for more than XX%. Increasing production of benzene, primarily in India and the Southeast Asia, has fueled the market in Asia-Pacific region.
Opportunities and Major Players
The downstream expansion is expected to offer numerous growth opportunities for the global benzene market.
Major Companies Dominating this Market Include:
- BASF SE
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- SINOPEC Zhongyuan Petrochemical Corp., Ltd
- Market analysis, with the global and region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global benzene market on the global and regional scale
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Feedstock Analysis
3.3.1 Global Capacity by Key Feedstock
3.4 Technological Snapshot
3.4.1 Production Process
3.4.2 Technology Licensing and Patent Analysis
3.5 Trade Analysis
3.6 Price Index
3.7 Supply Scenario
3.7.1 Capacity and Production Analysis
126.96.36.199 Top 10 Plants and Locations (Installed Capacities)
3.8 Upcoming Projects
3.9 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rapid Demand of Styrene Polymers for Various End-user Industries
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Polyester
4.2.1 Detrimental Effects of Benzene Exposure
4.2.2 Production Losses Due To Turnarounds In Japan
4.3.1 Downstream Expansion
4.3.2 Other Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market size, Growth and forecasts)
5.1 By Derivatives
5.1.8 Maleic Anhydride
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, Growth and forecasts)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
9.1 BASF SE
9.2 Braskem SE
9.3 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
9.4 CPC Corporation
9.5 Evonik Industries AG
9.6 Exxon Mobil Corporation
9.7 Ineos Group
9.8 JX Holdings Inc.
9.9 LG Chem, Ltd.
9.10 LyondellBasell Industries NV
9.11 Maruzen Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
9.12 Mitsubishi Corporation
9.13 PetroChina Company Ltd.
9.14 Reliance Industries Limited
9.15 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
9.16 Saudi Basic Industries Corp.
9.17 SINOPEC Zhongyuan Petrochemical Corp. Ltd.
9.18 SK Global Chemical Co. Ltd.
9.19 The Dow Chemical Company
*List Not Exhaustive