Demand for Convenience in Bakery products
The convenience factor associated with frozen bakery products is also complemented by on-the-go snacking trend. The food service sector has been rapidly diversifying their product portfolio to include ready to bake and ready to thaw frozen baked goods. The demand for such convenient foods has been increasing from rapidly emerging cafes, restaurants, in-store bakeries and coffee shops that typically procure frozen baked goods and thaw or bake it to provide instant delicacies.
The rise of specialty frozen baked goods is complemented by the healthy offerings associated with it. Baking establishments are increasingly providing specialty baked goods that are gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, and soy protein free in order to access and capture health conscious consumer segment. The microbiological spoilage of frozen baked goods by molds, yeast, and bacteria leads to consumers opting for safer alternatives in fresh baked goods. The quality and health conscious consumers are inclining towards for fresh baked delicacies and artisanal bakers in order to experience the indulgence.
Frozen Cake is the fastest growing segment by product
The frozen bakery products have grown in popularity due to their ease of preparation, similarity to homemade products, the time and cost savings these items provide to restaurants and other institutional outlets. Consumer preference for artisian cake is dominant during festive occasion. Increased demand of exotic flavors in frozen cake is driving the frozen cake market. It records a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period. The consumption of cakes in the developed regions is mostly because of its convenience and health attribute. There is a growing popularity in to-go cake products; baked off or made at convenience of the consumer.
Scratch baking is labor intensive and requires long time. Industry is shifting from traditional baking to Bake off technologies (BOT). Three key BOT are Unfermented frozen dough (UFD), partially baked frozen bread (PBF) and partially baked unfrozen bread (PBUF). Frozen semi-baked goods and ready-to-bake goods is also an important product segment for the food industry, especially for hotels and the catering industry. The Ready-To-Bake frozen bakery products market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast period.
Asia pacific is the fastest growing region
European bakery industry leads the global bakery market, and so does the frozen bakery industry. Morning goods is the most dominating segment in the industry. People prefer convenient and grab and go products in the breakfast menu and this has favored the increasing demand for frozen bakery products. Availability of gluten-free frozen baked goods has indeed helped in the growth of the market.
Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% during 2018 - 2023, in specific, India is witnessing a growing demand for frozen bakery products. Frozen bakery is the North America is growing in frozen par-baked bread market. “Parbaked” products are baked to within 90% of completion, then quick frozen and shipped to customers for the final 12-15 minutes of baking.
Health-consciousness and indulgence are two parallel trends dominating the U.S. bakery products market. The developed markets of Western Europe in bakery products are matured and saturated as compared to an emerging markets of Eastern Europe which are driving the sales of biscuits and breads in particular, owing to the high demand for convenient food products.
- December 2017: Europastry will have expanded its presence on Ulabox and Foodinthebox, two online sales platforms aimed at end customers.
- November 2017: General Mills manufactured baking mixes and frozen baked goods with no artificial flavors or colors for its Gold Medal and Pillsbury brands
- January 2017: Grupo Bimbo acquired frozen bakery brand Panattiere.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increase in Demand for Convenience Food Products
3.1.2 Extended Shelf life
3.2.1 Growing Competition among Large Companies
3.3.1 Increase in Novel Frozen Bakery Product Portfolio
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Technology
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Frozen Pastry
4.2.2 Frozen Cake
4.2.4 Pizza Crust
4.3 By Distribution Channel
4.3.1 Food Service
4.4 By Geography
4.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
4.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Alpha Baking Company, Inc.
6.2 Aryzta AG
6.3 Associated British Foods PLC
6.4 Barilla Holdings Spa
6.5 Bridgford Foods Corporation
6.6 Conagra Brands, Inc.
6.7 Custom Foods, Inc.
6.9 Europastry, S.A.
6.10 General Mills, Inc.
6.11 Grupo Bimbo
6.12 Kellogg Company
6.13 Lantmannen Unibake International
6.14 Maple Leaf Foods, Inc.
6.15 Pepperidge Farm
6.16 Premier Foods PLC
6.17 Vandemoortele NV
- Alpha Baking Company Inc.
- Aryzta AG
- Associated British Foods PLC
- Barilla Holdings Spa
- Bridgford Foods Corporation
- Conagra Brands Inc.
- Custom Foods Inc.
- General Mills Inc.
- Grupo Bimbo
- Kellogg Company