- There are some regional players as well and the number has increased over the years. For instance: Sinofi is one of the leading hydrolyzed vegetable protein manufacturer and supplier in China. Notably the company claims to provide natural organic flavor hydrolyzed derived from vegetable protein which can be used as an ingredient in food and beverage industries. It is widely used as HVP food additive in EU and North America.
The popularity of hydrolyzed vegetable protein has been increasing, owing to the growing awareness among consumers about plant-based protein ingredients and the high demand from the various application segments, such as processed food, among others. The hydrolyzed vegetable protein market is witnessing a healthy growth. The growing consumer preference for plant-based protein over animal protein is driving the market growth for hydrolyzed vegetable protein. The desire for clean labels, ease of digestion, the need or desire to avoid allergens, compatibility with vegetarian and vegan lifestyles and concerns about sustainability among the general population are driving the demand for plant proteins. The presence of alternatives of vegetable protein ingredient forms (isolate, concentrates) could restrain the hydrolyzed vegetable protein market growth.
The maximum share of revenue is captured by soy and it is predicted to have the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Currently, pea holds a small share in the hydrolyzed vegetable protein market; however, it is predicted to have a healthy growth rate during the forecast period.
The highest share in the application segment of hydrolyzed vegetable protein is held by processed foods, such as noodles, pastas, prepared soups, sauces, ready meals, dips & dressings, meat, fish and seasoning mixes, which are expected to witness high consumer demand during the forecast period. Hydrolyzed vegetable protein is used as a flavor enhancer in many processed foods, such as soups, sauces, stews, seasoned snack foods, gravies, hot dogs, dips and dressings. It is also blended with other spices to make seasonings that are used in or on foods.
Asia-Pacific holds the largest share in the hydrolyzed vegetable protein market, followed by North America and is expected to account for a major share during the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is expected to register a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period. In the North American region, the United States dominates the market, followed by Canada. In the Asia-Pacific region, China and India are expected to account for a substantial growth, due to the increased demand for nutritional food among the consumers, while in South America, Brazil is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 5.4%.
Most of the major players of this market are based in North America and Asia-Pacific and are adopting various go-to-market strategies to expand their share in the growing protein hydrolysate ingredient market.
MAJOR PLAYERS: AJINOMOTO, KERRY GROUP, TATE & LYLE, JONES-HAMILTON CO., DSM, DIANA GROUP, GIVAUDAN, BROLITE PRODUCTS CO. INC., CAREMOLI GROUP, ASTRON CHEMICALS S.A., MCRITZ INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION, GOOD FOOD, INC., MICHIMOTO FOODS PRODUCTS CO. LTD., DIEN INC., GRIFFITH LABORATORIES and UNITECHEM CO. LTD, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Source
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Processed Food
4.2.2 Functional Beverage
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
4.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Kerry Group
6.3 Tate & Lyle
6.4 Jones-Hamilton Co.
6.6 Diana Group
6.8 Brolite Products Co. Inc.
6.9 Caremoli Group
6.10 Astron Chemicals S.A.
6.11 McRitz International Corporation
6.12 Good Food, Inc.
6.13 Michimoto Foods Products Co. Ltd.
6.14 Dien Inc.
6.15 Griffith Laboratories
6.16 Unitechem Co. Ltd.
- Kerry Group
- Tate & Lyle
- Jones-Hamilton Co.
- Diana Group
- Brolite Products Co. Inc.
- Caremoli Group
- Astron Chemicals S.A.
- McRitz International Corporation
- Good Food Inc.
- Michimoto Foods Products Co. Ltd.
- Dien Inc.
- Griffith Laboratories
- Unitechem Co. Ltd.