Bioactive proteins confer a broad range of nutritional, functional and biological properties. In addition to nutrient supply, the bioactive proteins are responsible for various physiological functions, as being anti-hypersensitive, anti-oxidative, anti-thrombotic, and anti-microbial. Various other effects are immune-modulating, opiate, osteoprotective, etc. Bioactive proteins, as well as bioactive peptides, are part of a balanced diet. Another prominent factor driving the market demand is the higher percentage of aged people and also the increase in the incidence of chronic diseases. The restraining element of the bioactive proteins market is the adverse effects these compounds have on human health, such as biogenic amines (tyramine and histamine), causing allergies, hypertensive crises, and headache. Further, there are various regulations related to the production and use of bioactive proteins, which turn down the growth prospect of this market in the food industry.
The animal source bioactive protein is the preferred segment in the market, accounting for a significant revenue share in 2017. However, the plant source segment is anticipated to hold a market share of 44%. In the animal source, the dairy products segment leads the market, owing to the increasing demand for whey proteins from the food & beverages industry. Milk proteins are considered to be an important source of bioactive peptides, and an increasing number of bioactive peptides have been identified in milk protein, hydrolysate, and fermented dairy products. By application, the functional food segment is expected to gain the highest market share, regarding revenue, constituting a 36% market share. The increasing consumer concerns over healthy diet and body fitness governs the market in the functional food segment.
The global bioactive protein market is segmented, by region, into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Africa. North America has the dominant regional share in the global market. It covers the largest share of the market, constituting 37% of the total sales.
Major Players: ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY, KERRY GROUP, CARGILL INC., OMEGA PROTEIN CORPORATION, BUNGE LTD., E.I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND COMPANY, FONTERRA CO-OPERATIVE GROUP LTD., ROYAL DSM, CHS INC. and MYOS RENS TECHNOLOGY INC, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Source type
5.1.1 Plant Sources
5.1.2 Animal Sources
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Functional Food
5.2.2 Functional Beverages
5.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5.2.4 Animal Nutrition
5.2.5 Personal Care
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.2 Kerry Group
7.3 Cargill Inc.
7.4 Omega Protein Corporation
7.5 Bunge Ltd.
7.6 E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
7.7 Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd.
7.8 Royal DSM
7.9 CHS Inc.
7.10 MYOS RENS Technology Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Kerry Group
- Cargill Inc.
- Omega Protein Corporation
- Bunge Ltd.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd.
- Royal DSM
- CHS Inc.
- MYOS RENS Technology Inc.