- The Metarom group expands its caramel production in US by setting up a branch of its caramel production business in CARA’SENS®, in the USA. The project was given green signal after the acquisition the industrial branch of the “Le Caramel” company, based in San Diego, California.
The global caramel ingredient market is driven by increasing application of caramel in several domains of food & beverage industry ranging from bakery to beverages. Consumer awareness about the health issues related to caramel is restricting the growth of caramel market; certain ingredients used in making caramel color can cause temporary or permanent health issues.
There is growing demand for organic caramel ingredients such as such as organic caramel sauce, organic caramel syrup, and organic salted caramel. Thus, manufacturers have scope to come up with product developments and advancements as well.
By forms, the global caramel ingredient market can be categorized into solid, liquid, granular/powders. Among the forms or caramel ingredients, the powder form is anticipated to witness strongest growth, owing to its longer shelf life, and increased usage in packaged food & beverage products.
By type, the caramel ingredient market can be segmented in to toppings, flavor, fillings, colorings, and others. Toppings segment is projected to record highest growth rate during the forecast period.
By Application, the market can be categorized into bakery, confectionery, beverage, and others. The demand for caramel from ice-creams and desserts end use application is projected to increase, owing to new flavor introductions as per consumer’s demand. Caramel ingredients are one of the oldest and widely-used food colorings as it is used for making colas brown and gives beers their amber gold. Additionally, there is on-going trend for food decorations, which is increasingly being adopted by consumers’- boosting the caramel ingredients market.
Caramel is one of the most popular flavors in North America. Approximately, over 31,000 new food and beverage products are being launched in North America, every year. Of these, more than 1,045 (around 3.3%) are flavored with caramel. A vast majority of these are confectionery, such as hot drinks, bakery and cereals, ice cream and savory snacks. Notably, caramel color is approved colorant in US and Europe.
The Asia-Pacific is expected to be fastest growing region with huge investment from several players in the market, owing to low labor costs and lower raw material prices. Countries like India, Australia, and China are likely to become major regional market which would boost the growth of caramel ingredient market in the future.
MAJOR PLAYERS: ALVIN CARAMEL COLOURS, BAKELS WORLDWIDE, CARGILL INCORPORATED, DDW THE COLOR HOUSE., KERRY GROUP, PURATOS GROUP, SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION, NIGAY, GÖTEBORGSFOOD BUDAPEST ZRT, MARTIN BRAUN KG and MARTIN BRAUN KG, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trends
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 Rising Demand from Confectionery and Bakery Industries
22.214.171.124 Growth in the Convenience Food Industry
126.96.36.199 Rapid Growth in the Beverage Industry
188.8.131.52 Increasing Prices of Caramel Ingredients Worldwide
184.108.40.206 Awareness about Health Risks of Caramel Intake
220.127.116.11 Demand for Organic Caramel Ingredients
18.104.22.168 Penetration in Untapped Markets in Emerging Economies
3.1.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Buyers
188.8.131.52 Threat of New Entrants
184.108.40.206 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
220.127.116.11 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.2 By Form
4.3 By Application
4.4 By Geography
4.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
4.4.4 South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Alvin Caramel Colours
6.2 Bakels Worldwide
6.3 Cargill Incorporated
6.4 DDW The Color House.
6.5 Kerry Group
6.6 Puratos Group
6.7 Sensient Technologies Corporation
6.9 Göteborgsfood Budapest ZRT
6.10 Martin Braun KG
6.11 Martin Braun KG
- Alvin Caramel Colours
- Bakels Worldwide
- Cargill Incorporated
- DDW The Color House.
- Kerry Group
- Puratos Group
- Sensient Technologies Corporation
- Göteborgsfood Budapest ZRT
- Martin Braun KG
- Martin Braun KG