Health benefits associated to fat burners
The fat burn supplements are one of the popular categories of nutrition supplements, owing to its proposed improvements in health, performance, weight loss management, or combination of these factors. These supplements basically increase the fat metabolism or energy expenditure, and increase fat oxidation during the exercise. The products are made out of several ingredients or combination of them, which provide an additive effects on consumption.
The major drivers in the fat burn supplement market includes increasing awareness among people for health concerns and preference for supplements, which are convenient to maintain fitness without any need for dietary meals or exercises. The companies are advertising fat burners with several claims such as- shedding of extra pounds, and other tag-lines which catches the consumer’s attention and in turn driving the overall market for fat burn supplements.
The major challenge faced by fat burn supplements market is the consumers perception about the side effects associated with the ingredients used which are undisclosed on the labels.
Fat burners in the form of capsules record a higher growth rate
By type, the market can be segmented into liquid, powders, capsules, and others. The market for capsules is expected to grow CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period, 2018-2023. The delivery systems are designed to allow each supplements’ active ingredient to be presented to the body in consumable form so that they release and get easily absorbed in the body. These types deliver the same nutrients, but differ in the function or the path they take to deliver the nutrient in the body. By end-user, the market can be segmented into men and women.
Mexico to Dominate North American Market
The North American fat burn supplement market with a share of 35%, is expected to grow CAGR of 5.23% during the forecast period. Mexico holds the highest market share of 38% in the North American region. Asia- Pacific is anticipated to witness strong growth in the upcoming years, due to increasing demand for weight management products and improving economic stability coupled with rising disposable income. The other regions such as Africa and South America offers huge potential for manufacturers to expand their business of fat burn supplements, owing to rising demands for dietary supplement products.
- May 2017: Amway opened USD 2.5 million business center in L.A. after success in New York, which includes retail component where the company products such as Nutrilite supplements and Artistry cosmetics are sold. The company expects the new facility to attract distributors from across the west coast region.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Awareness about Health Benefits of Fat Burn Supplements
4.1.2 Rising Penetration of Private Labels for Dietary Supplement Products
4.2.1 Controversies associated with Health threats caused by fat burner supplements
4.2.2 Stringent Regulations
4.3.1 Innovations in Ingredient Development and Improvement in Product Image
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.2 By End-User
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.3 Puritan's Pride
7.5 OmniActive Health Technologies
7.8 Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals
7.9 APS Nutrition