- Davisco, Business Unit of Agropur Inc., announced the increase of its production capacity and extension of the BioZate product line, a family of hydrolyzed whey proteins for food and nutrition applications, in 2015. BioZate whey proteins are manufactured through a proprietary process and processing expansion has allowed for the manufacture of significant volumes.
- Arla Foods Ingredients has inaugurated a USD 43 million protein hydrolysates factory in Denmark, in 2016. This factory in Vium, Midtjylland, is capable of producing approximately 4,000 metric tons of high-quality whey and casein hydrolysates, annually, creating ingredient solutions for applications in the infant, clinical and sports nutrition categories.
The protein hydrolysate market is driven by the increasing demand from different application segments, namely infant formula, sports nutrition and clinical nutrition. Protein hydrolysate ingredients have relatively-low antigenic properties. They can enhance the digestibility and reduce protein allergy, especially in infants.
The protein hydrolysate market is witnessing a healthy growth, owing to the increasing protein hydrolysate ingredient demand among consumers, owing to the health or nutritional benefits associated with the protein, across the developed regions. The high purity, bioavailability, and digestibility of hydrolysate, when compared with other forms of protein, namely isolates and concentrates, are among their properties that are boosting their demand in the protein ingredient market. The presence of other alternatives of protein ingredient forms (isolate, concentrates) are likely to restrain the protein hydrolysate ingredients market growth.
By source, the market can be categorized into milk, meat, and plant. The maximum share of revenue is captured by milk protein hydrolysate. There are two main sources of milk protein hydrolysates, namely whey protein hydrolysates and casein hydrolysates. Whey protein hydrolysates account for a larger share than the casein type, owing to former’s good solubility and lower viscosity. The meat protein hydrolysates are expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period.
By application, the global protein hydrolysate market can be categorized into infant formula, sports nutrition, clinical nutrition, and others. The market was led by infant formula, as the protein hydrolysates are considered premium ingredient and are preferred the most by manufacturers for reasons such as easy digestibility, and lower risk of allergy.
North America and Europe remain the mature market for manufacturers; North America has the highest share in the protein hydrolysate ingredients market. Growing economies of region like Asia-pacific are expected to provide new opportunities during the forecast period owing to increasing demand for ready-to eat segments for infants. The technological advancements in the milk processing plants coupled with growing demand for health foods in the region is likely to boost the demand for protein hydrolysate ingredients market.
Major Players: ARLA FOODS INGREDIENTS GROUP P/S, AGROPUR INC, FRIESLANDCAMPINA, FONTERRA CO-OPERATIVE GROUP, MILK SPECIALTIES GROUP, ABBOTT LABORATORIES, DANONE S.A., DAVISCO FOODS INTERNATIONAL, INC., KERRY GROUP PLC, CARBERY GROUP, GLANBIA PLC, TATE & LYLE PLC and ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Source
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Infant Formula
4.2.2 Sports Nutrition
4.2.3 Clinical Nutrition
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
4.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S
6.2 Agropur Inc
6.4 Fonterra Co-Operative Group
6.5 Milk Specialties Group
6.6 Abbott Laboratories
6.7 Danone S.A.
6.8 Davisco Foods International, Inc.
6.9 Kerry Group plc
6.10 Carbery Group
6.11 Glanbia PLC
6.12 Tate & Lyle PLC
6.13 Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S
- Agropur Inc
- Fonterra Co-Operative Group
- Milk Specialties Group
- Abbott Laboratories
- Danone S.A.
- Davisco Foods International Inc.
- Kerry Group plc
- Carbery Group
- Glanbia PLC
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company