USA is involved in various operations around the world be it peace keeping missions or helping various governments. As USA gets involved in various small battles, skirmishes around the world the need for good intelligence are paramount for the safety of the troops.
The use of Small UAV has broadened now to various fields apart from the military applications. It is being used for disaster relief operations, anti-piracy operations, border patrolling, and movie shooting and logistics. The Middle East and Africa market will witness high growth over the period of 2014-2019. However, the market growth of small UAVs will be defined on how the countries define policies which reduce the market barriers. The ‘Small UAV Coalition’ has hired lobbying firm Akin Gump to represent their interests before USA regulators with a goal to formulate process that ensures safe, reliable, and timely operation of small UAVs and ease the way for the commercial drone industry to operate at varying degrees of autonomy.
Commercialising of UAVs will help society in many ways, however, they are also a potential threat to an individual’s liberty and autonomy. In addition, they also carry a huge risk of crashes, around 400 large U.S. military drones have crashed since 2001 and more than 450 of the British Black Hornets (Nano Drone, used by British infantrymen in Afghanistan) since their inception. Though, small commercial drones aren’t capable of causing the disaster these drones may cause, they still have the capability to cause serious injuries under certain conditions.
The North America Small UAV Market report has been segmented on the basis of product type: Light Fixed-Wing Small UAV, Heavy Fixed-Wing Small UAV, Multi-Rotor VTOL Small UAV, Single-Rotor VTOL Small UAV, Nano UAV and others. They are further classified on the Propulsion Systems used i.e. Hydrogen Cell Propulsion System, Hybrid Propulsion System, Solar Propulsion System, Lithium-Ion Battery Propulsion System. The report discuss small UAV application in different industry such as Defence, Transport/Logistics, Media and Entertainment, Retail, Manufacturing among others.
The report also discusses the key factors that will impact the industry and profiles leading suppliers of UAV; like that of hales SA, Boeing Corporation, Lockheed Martin and Airbus Group among others.
What the Report Offers:
1. Report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges it faces, different type of small UAVs and their applications
2. Market Segmentation and forecasts have been done for different types of small UAV products and their end user industry applications
3. A complete market breakdown has been done by different geographies along with country level segmentation to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region
4. The report also gives information of major vendors of small UAVs, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
1.1 Executive Summary
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Research Methodology
2.5 Research Phases
3. Market Overview and Trends
3.2 Market Overview
3.2 Technological Trends
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation, by Type
5.1 Light Fixed -Wing Small Uav
5.2 Heavy Fixed-Wing Small Uav
5.3 Multi-Rotor Vtol Small Uav
5.4 Single-Rotor Vtol Small Uav
6. Market Segmentation by Propulsion System
61 Hydrogen Cell Propulsion Systems
6.2 Hybrid Propulsion Systems
6.3 Solar Propulsion Systems
6.4 Lithium-Ion Battery Propulsion System
7. Market Segmentation, by Industry Applications
7.3 Media & Entertainment
7.5 Mining & Metals
8. Market Segmentation by Geography
8.3 Rest of North America
9. Competitive Landscape
10. Key Vendor Analysis
10.1 Elbit Systems
10.3 Thales Sa
10.4 Boeing Corporation
10.6 Bae Systems
10.7 Dà-Jiang Innovations Science and Technology Co. Ltd
10.9 Aeronautics Ltd.