Fast food service restaurants focusing on organic produce and healthy food is the future spotlight for the market. The organic food demand is growing at fast rate in the US. Many domestic FSRs offer franchise to promote their company, as well as, providing a good opportunity for the market.
Growing popularity for home delivery
Primary factors driving the market for food service restaurants includes the increased digitalization of food service, thus, consumers find it comfortable to book prior and make an online payment. The home delivery system, mainly in the case of pizza has been another major driver for the market. There is an increased cultural influx due to multinational work culture, which has influenced the growing exotic food taste of consumers. The high coffee consumption in the US is a major driver for the huge café market in the country. However, the increased obesity and health awareness among consumers are affecting the market growth, as most of the fast food is unhealthy. The increasing cost of ingredients, quality and safety are other restraining factors.
Full Service segment dominates the market
The market has been segmented into food service sector type, type, and distribution channel. The total consumer foodservice market is divided into full service restaurants, fast food restaurants, cafes/bars, pizza foodservice, street stalks and kiosks, self-service restaurants, and home delivery restaurants. Full service restaurants hold the largest market share of 26%, followed by fast food restaurants. Cafes and bars are growing at a fast rate due to the increased coffee consumption in the US. As per the type of restaurant, the market is segmented as independent consumer foodservice and chained consumer foodservice. The chained consumer food service market is growing at a faster rate due to the increased investments by international brands such as the UK, Chinese restaurants in the US. By distribution type, the market is categorized into eat-in restaurants, take away, home delivery and drive-through restaurants.
Major players: MCDONALD'S Corp., YUM! BRANDS Inc., BURGER KING WORLDWIDE Inc., STARBUCKS Corp., CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL Inc., DOCTOR'S ASSOCIATES Inc., SEVEN & I HOLDINGS Co. Ltd., DUNKIN' DONUTS, SONIC DRIVE-IN, PAPA JOHN'S
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Trends & Development
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Home Delivery Service and Specialist Coffee Shops Attracting Consumers
4.1.2 Growing Exotic Consumer Taste Due to Increased International Influx
4.1.3 Food Service Go Digital and Pricing-Promotional Strategy
4.2.1 Growing Obesity and Health Concerns among Consumer
4.2.2 Quality, Ingredient Sourcing and Safety
4.3.1 Franchise Offering by Domestic Players
4.3.2 Growing Food Chain Resturants Focused on Health and Organic Products
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Sector Type
5.1.1 Full Service Resturant
5.1.2 Self-Service Resturant
5.1.3 Street Stalls and Kiosks
5.1.4 Cafes and Bars
126.96.36.199 Specialist Coffee Shops
5.1.5 Pizza Consumer Food Service
5.1.6 Fast Food
5.1.7 100% Home Delivery Resturant
5.2 By Type
5.2.1 Independent Consumer Foodservice
5.2.2 Chained Consumer Foodservice
5.3 By Distribution Type
5.3.2 Take Away
5.3.3 Home Delivery
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in The Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 McDonald's Corp.
7.2 Yum! Brands Inc.
7.3 Doctor's Associates Inc.
7.4 Seven & I Holdings Co. Ltd.
7.5 Burger King Worldwide Inc.
7.6 Starbucks Corp.
7.7 Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.
7.8 Dunkin' Donuts
7.9 Sonic Drive-In
7.10 Papa John's
7.11 International Dairy Queen, Inc.
7.12 Little Caesars
- McDonald's Corp.
- Yum! Brands Inc.
- Burger King Worldwide Inc.
- Starbucks Corp.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.
- Doctor's Associates Inc.
- Seven & I Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Sonic Drive-In
- Papa John's