Shrinkage of construction industry in Saudi market is anticipated to hinder the market growth.
Hot melt adhesives are one of the major technologies used, owing to the benefits they offer. The invention of hot melt adhesives offers a significant advantage to numerous end-user industries. The Middle East & African hot melt adhesives market, based on resin type, ethylene vinyl acetate accounted for the highest market share among polyethylene, polyolefins, polyamide, polyurethanes, styrenic block copolymer, and ‘others’. The market has also been geographically segmented into the Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa.
AREAS WITH SCOPE FOR HOT MELT ADHESIVES
Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia are the major countries in North Africa, which have attracted many multi-national OEM manufacturers to invest and start their production plants. These countries are also among the major automotive users in Africa, thus, accounting for higher demands for hot melt adhesives.
In 2017, Saudi Arabia is expected to dominate the market segmented by geography, in terms of revenue. However, Egypt is expected to witness the highest CAGR during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
Paper, board, and packaging is expected to dominate the market segmented by end-user industry, in 2017, in terms of volume. However, building & construction industry is expected to witness the highest CAGR during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
NOTABLE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MARKET
- In Jan 2017, Wisdom Worldwide Adhesives acquired by H.B. Fuller
- In June 2016, Pidilite Industries acquired Kenya based adhesives & sealants manufacturer, Nebula East Africa Private Ltd (NEAPL)
- In June 2016, Acquisition of a global industrial adhesives manufacturer, Cyberbond, LLC by HB Fuller.
- How construction industry will affect hot melt adhesive market in Middle East & Africa?
- Analyzing various market perspectives with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- What type of end-user industry will dominate the market?
- Which regions will witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
H.B. Fuller Co.
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Technological Snapshot
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Automotive Production in Africa
4.1.2 Increasing Usage as Substitute For Solvent-Borne Adhesives
4.2.1 Shrinkage of Construction Industry in Saudi Arabia
4.3.1 Adoption of Bio-Based Hot Melt Adhesives
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Resin Type
5.1.4 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
5.1.5 Styrenic Block copolymer
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Building & Construction
5.2.2 Paper, Board & Packaging
5.2.3 Woodworking & Joinery
5.2.5 Footwear & leather
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1 Saudi Arabia
6.2 United Arab Emirates
6.5 South Africa
6.6 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
8.2 Arkema Group (Bostik Sa)
8.3 Ashland Inc.
8.4 Avery Dennison Corporation
8.5 Beardow & Adams
8.7 H.B. Fuller Co.
8.8 Henkel Ag & Co.
8.9 Hexcel Corporation
8.10 Huntsman International Llc
8.11 Jowat Ag
8.12 Lord Corporation
8.13 Paramelt B.V.
8.15 Tesa Se
8.16 Texyear Industrial Adhesives Pvt. Ltd.
*(List Not Exhaustive)
**Subject to availability on public domain