Operators have struggled to replicate the success of Kenya’s M-Pesa in other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa, and regulators across the region are moving towards mandating the interoperability of mobile money solutions. However, these transitions may also enable opportunities in advanced mobile financial services (MFS), merchant solutions for physical and electronic commerce, and cross-border remittances.
This report provides:
- Individual country forecasts for Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa
- A discussion of the success factors and challenges faced by operators’ mobile money initiatives in Sub-Saharan Africa
- a review of recent mobile money market and regulatory developments
- a discussion of mobile money adoption drivers in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa
- Key implications for telecoms operators looking to strengthen their competitive position against financial institutions and emerging fintech players.
Product Format: PPTX and PDF (11 slides)