It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2012-2016) and forecast period (2016-2021).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the Uruguayan economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Uruguayan insurance industry.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise to enable reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
The 'Reinsurance in Uruguay, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2021' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Uruguayan reinsurance segment, including:
- An outlook of the Uruguayan reinsurance segment
- A comprehensive overview of the Uruguayan economy and demographics
- Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Uruguayan insurance industry
- The competitive landscape in the Uruguayan reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Uruguay:
- It provides historical values for the Uruguayan reinsurance segment for the report’s 2012-2016 review period, and projected figures for the 2016-2021 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Uruguayan reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2021.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Uruguay, and the reinsurance segment's growth prospects.
- It analyzes various natural hazards and their impact on the Uruguay insurance industry
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Uruguayan reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Uruguayan reinsurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Uruguayan insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- On October 7, 2016, El Banco Central del Uruguay (BCU) published communication No. 2016/208, stating provisions for the outsourcing of services by insurance and reinsurance companies. According to the new communication, neither insurers nor reinsurers require authorization from the BCU for contracting third parties involved in outsourcing activities.
- On January 22, 2016, the BCU published the Circular No. 2,248, stating requirements for the registration of operational risk events, and information about operational risk indicators included in the compilation of insurance and reinsurance standards.
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 ECONOMY AND DEMOGRAPHICS
4 REINSURANCE OUTLOOK
4.1 Reinsurance by Premium Ceded
5 NATURAL AND MAN-MADE HAZARDS
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7 DEFINITION AND METHODOLOGY
List of Tables
Table 1: Uruguayan Reinsurance - Key Facts, 2016
Table 2: Uruguayan Government Credit Ratings
Table 3: Uruguayan Reinsurance - Premium Ceded by Segment (UYU Billion), 2012-2016
Table 4: Uruguayan Reinsurance - Premium Ceded by Segment (UYU Billion), 2016-2021
Table 5: Uruguayan Life Insurance - Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2012-2016
Table 6: Uruguayan Life Insurance - Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2016-2021
Table 7: Uruguayan Non-Life Insurance - Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2012-2016
Table 8: Uruguayan Non-Life Insurance - Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2016-2021
Table 9: Uruguay - Average Annual Loss by Hazard, 1990-2014
Table 10: Insurance Industry Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: Uruguayan GDP Composition by Sector, 2016
Figure 2: Uruguayan Real GDP (UYU Billion), 2012-2021
Figure 3: Uruguayan Consumer Price Inflation (%), 2012-2021
Figure 4: Uruguayan Exchange Rate (UYU-US$), 2012-2021
Figure 5: Uruguayan Current Account Balance as Percentage of GDP (%), 2012-2021
Figure 6: Uruguayan Unemployment Rate, 2012-2021
Figure 7: Uruguayan Population by Age Group, 1991-2025
Figure 8: Uruguayan Reinsurance - Premium Ceded by Segment (UYU Billion), 2012-2021
Figure 9: Uruguayan Reinsurance - Premium Ceded Dynamics by Segment, 2012-2021
Figure 10: Uruguayan Life Insurance - Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2012-2021
Figure 11: Uruguayan Non-Life Insurance - Percentage of Reinsurance Ceded (%), 2012-2021
Figure 12: Uruguay - Frequency of Hazards by Type, 1990-2014
Figure 13: Uruguay - Mortality by Hazard Type, 1990-2014
Figure 14: Uruguay - Economic Loss by Hazard Type, 1990-2014