Total fuel consumption in Denmark increased by 1.2% in 2016 compared to the previous year. Volume sales of petrol increased in 2016 by 0.3% to 1,802 Million liters. Diesel consumption is increased by 2.5% to 1,288 Million liters. Fuel prices continued to rise in Denmark, the price of petrol in 2016 rose by 8%, and diesel prices grew by 10.7%.
In Denmark, fuel consumption is expected to only rise 1.1% towards 2022 as vehicle parc increases over this period but motorists also invest in increasingly fuel efficient vehicles over this period. The value of fuel sales increased for the first time in three years in 2015 and it continued this trend in 2016 rising by 11.4%.
As of 2016, 32.0% of service stations in Denmark featured a shop. The total number of service stations with a shop declined by 1.4% about 648 sites. The top five fuel retailers in Denmark accounted for 89.2% of the number of service station shops in the country. Circle K and 123 is the leading player in the service station shop market, with 76.3% of its 300 sites featuring a shop. 21.8% of all service station sites with a shop are Circle K and 123 branded.
42.1% of service stations in Denmark feature a car wash. The total number of service stations with a car wash in Denmark increased by 4.0% to 853 sites as retailers invested in these facilities. Circle K and 123 has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, at 204 sites, amounting to 23.9% of the national network.
The report "Service Station Retailing in Denmark 2017", provides an executive-level overview of the Danish service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from our service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned, motorway and unmanned sites.
Companies mentioned in this report: OK, Shell, Uno-X, INGO, Q8, Circle K.
- Total fuel consumption in Denmark increased by 1.2% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- OK has the largest service station network, at 670 sites, amounting to 33.0% of the national network.
- The top five fuel retailers in Denmark accounted for 89.2% of the number of service station shops in the country.
- The total number of service stations with a car wash in Denmark increased by 4.0% to 853 sites as retailers invested in these facilities.
- Identify who are the top five players in Denmark and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.
Service Station Market Overview
Competitor ranking in 2015 compared to 2016
Market Size - OK
Market Size - Shell
Market Size - Circle K and 123
Market Size - Uno-X (Uno-X Energi)
Market Size - Q8
Service Station Shop Network
Service Station Shops - OK
Service Station Shops - Shell
Service Station Shops - Circle K and 123
Service Station Shops - Q8
Service Station Car Wash Network
Service Station Car Wash - OK
Service Station Car Wash - Shell
Service Station Car Wash - Circle K and 123
Service Station Car Wash - Uno-X (Uno-X Energi)
Service Station Car Wash - Q8