Total fuel consumption in the Czech Republic increased by 3.0% in 2016 compared to the previous year. Fuel prices began to rise for the first time since 2012. The price of petrol in 2016 rose by 8.8%, while diesel prices increased by 8%. Fuel consumption is further expected to rise by more than 15% through to 2022 as vehicle PARC increases over this period. The value of fuel sales increased for the first time in three years in 2016, rising by 11.3%.
The number of service stations in the Czech Republic has decreased by about 3,600 sites in 2016. Benzina AS (PKN Orlen) has the largest service station network, at 363 sites. However, 2016 saw three of the top five fuel retailers expand their service station networks.
Top five fuel retailers - Benzina AS, Shell, OMV, Slovnaft and Pap Oil) accounted for 29.2% of service stations in the Czech Republic in 2016. Benzina AS is the leading player in the service station shop market, with 98.9% of its sites featuring a shop.
The number of service stations with a car wash in the Czech Republic has increased by 7.2%, as the retailers have invested in these facilities. Benzina AS has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, amounting to 14.4% of the national network.
The report "Service Station Retailing in the Czech Republic 2017", provides an executive-level overview of the Czech service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from our service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned motorway and unmanned sites.
Companies mentioned in this report: Benzina AS, OMV, Shell, Eni, Cepro EuroOil.
- Total fuel consumption in the Czech Republic increased by 3.0% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- Benzina AS (PKN Orlen) has the largest service station network, at 363 sites, amounting to 10.1% of the national network.
- The top five fuel retailers in the Czech Republic accounted for 44.3% of the number of service station shops in the country.
- The total number of service stations with a car wash in the Czech Republic increased by 7.2% to 1,105 sites as retailers invested in these facilities.
- Identify who are the top five players in the Czech Republic and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.
Service Station Market Overview
Competitor ranking in 2015 compared to 2016
Market Size - Benzina AS (PKN Orlen)
Market Size - Shell
Market Size - OMV
Market Size - Slovnaft (MOL)
Market Size - Pap Oil
Service Station Shop Network
Service Station Shops - Benzina AS (PKN Orlen)
Service Station Shops - Shell
Service Station Shops - OMV
Service Station Shops - Slovnaft (MOL)
Service Station Shops - Pap Oil
Service Station Car Wash Network
Service Station Car Wash - Benzina AS (PKN Orlen)
Service Station Car Wash - Shell
Service Station Car Wash - OMV
Service Station Car Wash - Slovnaft (MOL)
Service Station Car Wash - Pap Oil