This study identifies the contribution of selected list of 30 global automotive suppliers’ contribution in 2016, across financial parameters and technological portfolio. The study identifies the fastest growing technologies in 2025 and measures growth through suppliers' contributions in these technologies, financial performance, and geographical diversity.
The geographical scope of the study includes four major regions of the world (Europe, North America. Asia Pacific and Rest of the World).
Suppliers involved in the study are from these domains :
- Comprehensive: Suppliers who have a presence in most major segments such as electronics and engine and chassis parts. These suppliers are generally in partnership with major automaker and supply a majority of components to all models across their product portfolio.
- Electronics: Suppliers who are predominantly focused on electronic systems and parts.
- Exterior & Interior: Suppliers involved in body panels, interior parts and seating.
- Tyres: Rubber parts suppliers who are the major suppliers of tyres to automakers.
- Chassis & Safety : Suppliers that manufacture all chassis components such as suspension, steering and other components.
The suppliers are primarily from three major regions - North America (the United States and Canada) , Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the United Kingdom) and Asia (Japan and South Korea). Technologies are broadly categorized into Powertrain, Electric Vehicle Technology, Autonomous technology and Connectivity. Powertrain : This category deals with engine systems that help improve vehicle fuel economy, with a focus on emission reduction. Electric Vehicle Technology : This category deals with the growing demand for electric vehicles worldwide and technology required to power an electric vehicle. Autonomous Technology : This category deals with safety systems, which can be used for autonomous driving. This category considers technologies as a whole rather than each individual component used for these systems. Connectivity: This category covers in-vehicle entertainment, convenience and safety features that are present in a vehicle.
As these are the technologies that are expected to be present most vehicles of the future, the 20 fastest growing technologies are list in this study.
Key Issues Addressed
- What technologies are expected to grow fastest and post the largest revenue by 2025? What will be the penetration and prices at a global level?
- What are the key areas for suppliers to invest in? What will the growth pattern of suppliers be, based on their current product portfolio?
- How can suppliers better position themselves based on technology spread, geographic diversity and investments?
- How do different regions compare to others in terms of financial and technological investments?
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Summary-Key Findings
- Suppliers Performance in 2012 and 2016 with Future Outlook
2. Definition and Segmentation
- Suppliers Compared in this Study
- Fastest Growing Technologies-Segmentation
3. Analysis of Financial Data
- Financial Analysis-Key Takeaways
- Snapshot of Supplier Financial Performance (2013–2016)
- Analysis of Operating Margin by Region and Revenue Size (2013–2016)
- Analysis of Research on Sales across Regions (2013–2016)
- Analysis of Research on Sales across Company Size (2013–2016)
- Analysis of CAPEX to Sales across Regions (2013–2016)
- Analysis of CAPEX to Sales across Company Size (2013–2016)
- Analysis of D/E Ratio across Regions (2013–2016)
- Analysis of D/E Ratio across Company Size (2013–2016)
4. Analysis of Technology Data
- Technology Analysis-Key Takeaways
- Fastest Growing Technologies Considered
- Penetration Forecast of the Fastest Growing Technologies
- Fastest Growing Technologies Market Revenue
- Analysis of Market Revenue of Top 10 Fastest Growing Technologies
- Technology Market Revenue from the Suppliers
- Comparison of CAGR and Supplier Presence
- Regional Segmentation of Fastest Growing Technologies
- Forces Guiding Supplier Success in 2017–2025 Period Along Fastest Growing Technologies
5. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity for Suppliers
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Transformation in Automotive Supplier Ecosystem-2016
6. Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Automotive Supplier Performance-Key Conclusions
- Automotive Supplier Performance-Future Outlook
- Legal Disclaimer