The aim of this research service is to analyze video safety solutions in Light and medium/heavy commercial vehicles (LCV, M/HCV) trucks across the globe and present an overview of market growth opportunities and implications. Under the compliance, safety, and accountability (CSA) environment, fleets are looking to improve safe driving practices and reduce fleets’ risks by using advanced safety technologies. Fleets are evaluating the return on investment of safety solutions based on the system’s ability to improve driver behavior and performance, which directly influences the fleets’ operating economics and collision costs.
Growing awareness for video safety solutions in North America and Europe has drawn the attention of telematics and safety systems vendors to enter the market. The integration of telematics, safety systems, artificial intelligence and machine learning with video safety solutions to offer a one-stop-shop solution will be the future trend.
This market research analysis features key market trends, competitive landscape, pricing and packaging of solutions, business cases, global revenue forecast, and breakdown of solution contribution by geographies, vehicle segment, and solution type. Profiles of key vendors such as Lytx, SmartDrive, GreenRoad, PeopleNet, Omnitracs, MiX Telematics, MuHu, Netradyne, and Lightmetrics are also featured in the study. Growth opportunities have been clearly mapped with a call to action for stakeholders for improved decision-making. The study period is from 2016 to 2023.
Why Connected Trucks?
- By 2020, more than 35 million of trucks globally will be connected.
- About 40% of fleet managers believe connected trucks are a "must have".
- With smart roads and smart cities, smart trucks will become a necessity.
- Driver behavior and compliance will be the key aspects for fleet optimization.
- Future trucks will allow the user to easily pay for fuel, toll, parking, infotainment, and many other features in real time.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- What is the current status of the global video safety solutions market, and its immediate and future prospects?
- What will be the potential market size in 2023?
- What are the key solutions in the current market scenario and what are some of the upcoming solutions that will be in demand?
- Who are the major market participants and what are the business models adopted by them?
- What are the upcoming technological trends that will gain prominence?
- Which are the emerging regions where penetration of video safety solutions is anticipated?
1. Executive Summary
- Global Truck Video Safety Solutions Market - Key Findings
- Global Truck Video Safety Solutions Market - Evolution
- Global Truck Video Safety Solutions Market - Roadmap
- Global Truck Video Safety Solutions Market - Segment Contributions
- Key Predictions
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Methodology
3. Definitions and Segmentation
- Definitions - Vehicles by Type
- Definitions - Business Models by Type
- Definitions - Types of Recording Views
4. Market Overview and Dynamics
- Benefits of Video Safety
- Significance of Video Safety
- Packaging and Pricing
- Vision - based Machine Learning as a Key Value Enhancement
- Solution Integration
- Types of Hardware
- Data Analysis
- Vendor Mapping - Recording Views
- Vendor Mapping - Triggers for Critical Events
5. Business Model and Pricing Analysis
- Business Model
- Pricing Analysis - Two Channel
- Pricing Analysis - Four Channel
6. Market Measurement and Market Share Analysis
- Installed Base - Forecast
- Segment Contributions
- Contribution by Type of Video View
- Contribution by Fleet Type
- Application Solution Mapping
- Regional Contribution
- Revenue Analysis
- Market Share Analysis
7. Profiling of Key Vendors
- Vendor Profile - GreenRoad
- Vendor Profile - Lightmetrics
- Vendor Profile - Lytx
- Vendor Profile - MiX Telematics (Mix Vision)
- Vendor Profile - MuHu
- Vendor Profile - Netradyne
- Vendor Profile - Omnitracs
- Vendor Profile - PeopleNet
- Vendor Profile - SmartDrive
8. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity - Regulation Impact and Partnerships
- Strategic Imperatives
9. Conclusions and Future Outlook
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
- Market Engineering Methodology