The aim of this private market engineering is to evaluate the opportunities for pumps across the North American chemicals industry and assess the trends across the region during the study period. This market insight covers the growth opportunities for the process equipment pump companies across the region and covers topics on how the changing landscape and needs and requirements is driving the need for adoption of pumps that are smarter and succinctly address every challenge and issue that customers face in the current scenario. The report also brings to notice how, as economies recover and export markets are restored, the growth rate for chemical pumps in the North American region is expected to witness a gradual increase in terms of revenues and unit shipment size.
This research study brings out the latest trends in terms of industry, economy, and technology across several end-user industries for chemical pumps and its sub-product types such as diaphragm, gear, lobe, peristaltic, vane, piston, screw, and progressive cavity pumps under the umbrella of PD pumps and single-stage, multi-stage, axial & midflow, seal-less & circular, and submersible pumps under the centrifugal pumps umbrella. The study concludes with an analysis of forecasted growth trends of the process equipment market during the forecast period.
Key Questions the Study Will Answer:
- How is the market expected to grow between 2017 and 2022?
- What are the key market drivers and market restraints impacting the North American pumps in the chemicals industry?
- How will these factors impact the market in the short and long terms?
- What are the key business trends that are poised to disrupt the NA pumps business?
- Which type of pump types are considered most opportune for growth by chemical companies and at what rates are they expected to grow?
- What are the major sub segments in chemicals that vastly adopt pumps?
- Which sub-industries offer maximum growth opportunities during the forecast period?
- How has the competitive landscape changed?
- What is the relative position of competitors in the North America pumps market?
- In 2016, the NA pumps market generated a revenue of $909.0 million from the chemicals sector alone, wherein, centrifugal pumps accounted for 61.3% of the total, amounting to US$ 557.4 million, while PD pumps amounted to US$ 351.7 million in the same year.
- The CAGR during the forecast period from 2016-2022 is estimated to be 2.6% as the chemicals industry is displaying slow recovery in the region from the slow moving growth rates since 2015. The NA pumps industry is expected to grow at 1.4% in 2017 to finally amount to US$ 921.4 mn.
- With Europe pulling out of the recession and the APAC market riding high on successful merger and M&A activities in the chemicals industry, the export market for NA chemical pumps industry looks ripe with opportunities.
- Rapid development of global infrastructure and investment in cosmetics and pharmaceutical sectors are some of the other factors which contribute to the growth of PD pumps in the region. The PD pumps segment is displaying a projected CAGR of 2.6% for the period 2017-2022.
- Specialty chemicals’ capacity additions and expected growth opportunities
- Rising demand for adhesives, paints, and coatings products in the specialty chemicals segment
- Development across key end-user industries
- Fast Penetration of IoT in Chemical Manufacturing
- High cost of energy-efficient pumps
- Fluctuations in the price of raw materials
- Slowing growth in manufacturing industry in North America
- Tough competition from low-cost manufacturers in developing nations restrains growth
The automotive and construction industries will be the key end users contributing towards the growth of the pumps market in the chemicals industry. The influx of foreign competitors is increasing pricing pressures on local manufacturers. Manufacturers need to focus on repair and maintenance service capabilities to increase profit margins. Standalone pumps are considered commodity products while complete systems have strong brand recognition. Thus, manufacturers need to focus on providing complete systems.
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
2. Market Overview
- Research Scope
- Market Definitions
- Market Segmentation
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Market Segmentation by Pump Type
- Market Distribution Channels
3. Drivers and Restraints-Total Pumps Market in the Chemicals Industry
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
4. Forecasts and Trends-Total Pumps Market in the Chemicals Industry
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Pricing Trends and Forecast
- Pricing Trends and Forecast Discussion
- Revenue Forecast by Country
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Country
- Revenue Forecast by Pump Type-Centrifugal Pumps
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Pump Type-Centrifugal Pumps
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Centrifugal Pump Type
- Revenue Forecast by Pump Type-PD Pumps
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Pump Type-PD Pumps
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by PD Pump Type
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Distribution Channel
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion by Distribution Channel
5. Market Share and Competitive Analysis-Total Pumps Market in Chemicals Industry
- Market Share
- Market Share Analysis
- Competitive Environment
- Top Competitors
6. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Major Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1-Rising Investments
- Growth Opportunity 2-Industry Convergence
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
7. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
- Impact of Mega Trends on the North America Chemical Pumps Market
- Mega Trend Impact on the North America Pumps Market
- Mega Trends Explained
8. The Last Word
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Key Acronyms and Abbreviations
- List of Companies in “Others”
- Partial List of Companies Interviewed