Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is a key buzzword in the world today. Advancements in technologies are not only making industries effective, but also enabling the work to be ‘Smarter’.
The focus of this research on test and measurement for IIoT is to analyze this market from a technology standpoint. The study attempts to help market participants who are looking to understand revenue opportunities and position themselves as thought leaders in this space. This study also serves as a major point of reference for other market participants who are not aware of the immense benefits of IIoT or are on the verge of making a move in the technology.
The test and measurement in IIoT is expected to exhibit strong growth, owing to a number of opportunities related to smart testing. The overall test and measurement market for IIoT recorded a revenue of $71.1 million in 2016, and is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% from 2016 to 2022.
The research aims to identify the various drivers and restraints impacting the market globally. The study also provides information on the key end users such as industrial automation and aerospace and opportunities for smart testing in these industries. It sheds light on some of the key initiatives by competitors, such as National Instruments, Fluke Corporation, Keysight Technologies, and Rohde and Schwarz. The study also includes a Mega Trends section that discusses the impact of select criteria on the market in the long term. Growth opportunities and actions to capitalize on them have also been included in the study.
Research Scope Includes:
- Market size, forecasts, and trends for the study period, 2016-2022
- Key market participant insights (product innovations, competitive environment, and factors)
- Mega Trends influencing the market opportunities for test and measurement in IIoT
- Growth opportunities across the market that influence adoption of IIoT in test and measurement
- Analysis of opportunities in end-user applications such as healthcare, industrial automation, and aerospace
Key Questions the Study will Answer Include:
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the latest key technology trends in the market? What impact do these have on the T&M market in IIoT?
- What are the barriers and challenges in the market with regard to adoption and market drivers?
- What are the main competitive factors of the participants in the market? How is the competitive landscape?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- What are the key growth opportunities for market participants and how can they be addressed?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Outlook
- Market Projection
- Transition Toward Digitalization
- CEO’s Perspective
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Research Scope and Objective
- IIoT-Emerging Themes in the Industrial Environment
- IIoT-Key Attributes of a Smart Factory
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. IIoT for Test and Measurement
- Why IIoT?
- Adoption Timeline
- Product Innovation Matrix
- Product Development and Evolution
- Realizing T&M in IIoT
- Business Criticality of T&M in IIoT
- Market Impact and Opportunity Mapping
4. Market Drivers and Restraints
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
5. Forecasts and Trends
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast-Total T&M Market in IIoT
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Key Application Projection
6. Companies Ecosystem and Geographic Landscape
- Competitive Environment
- Top Competitors
- Game Changers in the T&M Market-Companies to Watch
- Case Study-Jaguar-Land Rover Partnering with NI for Big Data Analysis
- Case Study-London Underground Using NI Solution to Improve
7. Key Opportunities in End-user Verticals
- Emerging Opportunities-Automotive Industry
- Emerging Opportunities-Aerospace Industry
- Emerging Opportunities-Healthcare Industry
- Emerging Opportunities-Smart Energy Industry
8. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
- Mega Trends Driving the Future of T&M
- New Business Models in T&M-Key Highlights
9. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1-Solution/Service Enhancement
- Growth Opportunity 2-Improving Production Efficiency
- Growth Opportunity 3-Advancements in Technology
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
10. Key Strategies For Success
- Strategies for Building IIoT-centric Business for T&M
11. The Last word
- T&M Market for IIoT-Challenges and Solutions
- The Last Word
- Legal Disclaimer
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Fluke Corporation
- Keysight Technologies
- National Instruments