This issue of Advanced Coatings and Surface Technology TOE profiles a coating for combating corrosion, an edible nanocoating for fresh produce, PDMS coating for MOF membrane, a reflective coating for telescopes, and protective coating for lithium-ion batteries.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Advances in Coating Technology
- Water-based Cementitious Coating for Anticorrosion
- Moisture resistant PDMS coating for MOFs
- Explosion-resistant Aqueous Lithium-ion Batteries
- Silver-based Reflective Mirror Coating for Thirty Meter Telescopes
- Plant-derived Polyphenols-based Nanocoatings
2. Industry Contacts