This edition of the Energy and Power Systems TOE covers topics such as molten salt storage and energy generation applications, a offshore wind turbine design, an innovation in grid monitoring, and an efficient inverter for Electric vehicles. Thermal energy storage is an important technology as it enables high storage density for prolonged periods of time. Molten salts are important and the most commonly adopted thermal energy storage solution as they can be used in tandem with solutions such as concentrated solar projects. This issue also covers innovations in two bladed offshore wind turbine array, the first offshore wind farm of Finland, a better inverter solution for EVs, as well as grid monitoring solution for efficient and stable grid operation.
The Energy and Power Systems (EPS) TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides insights on the latest advances in the broad range of technology related to the energy industry. The topics regularly presented range from energy storage technologies (solid state batteries, solar chemical storage and other advanced energy storage devices) to non-renewable energy such as oil and gas. Special emphasis is given to emerging areas in the renewable sector such as photovoltaics, wind energy, and geothermal energy, and emerging alternative fuels such as hydrogen, syngas, ethanol and biofuels. The EPS TOE keeps clients abreast of the latest R&D developments at major corporate and academic research centers, provides competitor intelligence and helps create strategic alliances.
The Energy and Environment cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Developments in Molten Salt-based Concentrated Solar Applications, Offshore Wind Energy, Grid Monitoring, and Efficient Inverters
Developments in Molten Salt-based Concentrated Solar
- Concentrated Solar with Molten Salt Storage
- Molten salt heat transfer medium for large scale CSP
- Effective Design for Molten Salt Storage Systems
- Molten Salt in Place of Thermal Oil in Parabolic CSP Troughs
- China and Australia Leading the APAC Molten Salt Scenario
- Stiff Competition from Molten Silicon and Ice Thermal Storage to Molten Salt Storage
Developments in Offshore Wind Energy, Inverters for EVs and Renewables, Grid Monitoring and Control
- Two Bladed Wind Turbine Farm for Lower Energy Costs
- 50 MW Large Wind Turbines for Offshore Wind Farms
- First Offshore Wind Farm of Finland in the Baltic Sea
- Lighter Inverters with Better Efficiency
- Better and More Dynamic Grid Control
- Key Contacts