L3 Technologies is a provider of diversified products for the defence industry. It offers products such as surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) systems, aircraft sustainment, night vision and image intensification equipment, and security and detection systems. The company has a huge customer base including the army, air force, navy/marine and other defense forces, other US government and foreign government organisations, and foreign commercial businesses and domestic commercial businesses.
These premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading defence and security companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: arms sales, order backlog, and contracts.
The company’s strong research and development activities enable it to launch innovative products:
The company capitalizes on its robust research and development (R&D) activities to launch new products. The company’s R&D activities focus on projects such as applied research, new product and systems development and other concept studies. In FY2016, it spent US$258.0 million on its R&D activities, indicating an increase of 13.2% over the previous year.
The company intends to focus on mergers and acquisitions:
Acquisitions are one of the prime focuses for the company in regards to it improving its operational excellence and supplying high valued comprehensive solutions to clients. L-3 Technologies is focusing on mergers and acquisitions as it helps to improve its profitability. For instance, the company Acquired MacDonald Humfrey (Automation) Limited which helped it to add high value products to its portfolio.
Vertex Aerospace and Aircraft Systems drove the company’s revenue in 2016:
In 2016, the segment’s revenue increased at 2.0%, from US$4,156.0 million in 2015 to US$4,240.0 million in 2016. This growth is due to the positive performance of the Vertex Aerospace and Aircraft Systems divisions of the segment. Vertex Aerospace and Aircraft Systems posted an increase of US$66.0 million and US$36.0 million respectively in 2016 in comparison to the previous year. Increased sales from Vertex Aerospace were due to higher volume and pre-production activities in regards to US Navy training aircraft and the US Army C-12 contract.
- Company Snapshot - details key indicators and rankings L-3 Technologies, Inc. in terms of arms sales and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - outlines L-3 Technologies, Inc.’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and weighs Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - understand L-3 Technologies, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - analyse the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as arms sales.
- Key Developments - showcase L-3 Technologies, Inc.’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
- How does L-3 Technologies, Inc. rank among Defense and Security service providers in the North America and globally?
- What L-3 Technologies, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2013 in terms of arms sales, and order backlog?
- How has L-3 Technologies, Inc. performed in comparison to competitors such as Thales, Safran SA and Leonardo?
- What are L-3 Technologies, Inc.’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?