BAE Systems is a British multinational aerospace, defence and security company. It provides air, land, and naval force services and systems. BAE classifies its business operations into five segments. The company has a wide geographical presence across the UK, Asia-Pacific, Africa, the US, Saudi Arabia, Central and South America, and Europe.
These premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading defence and security companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore, the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: arms sales, order backlogs, and contracts.
BAE Systems occupies third position in the global defence and security market:
BAE Systems is the market leader in the UK and ranks third globally. The company delivered 24 active contracts in 2016 with a cumulative value of US$2,614 million. BAE systems backlog increased from US$56.2 billion in 2015 to US$56.7 billion in 2016, indicating a Y-o-Y increase of 0.8%.
Investments in technological advancement and engineering:
BAE invests in technological advancements and engineering capabilities to meet a broad range of customer requirements and to remain competitive in the market. The company uses its engineering expertise to develop cutting edge products and services. Its investments in technology and engineering allow it to cater to changing market demands.
BAE Systems aims to enhance its product portfolio and expand its business operations:
The company aims to grow its business into adjacent markets and expand its international business operations. To achieve this goal, the company has pursued inorganic growth strategies such as acquisitions and agreements. The company expects its operating margins to increase by 6-8% in 2017.
- Company Snapshot - details key indicators and rankings of BAE Systems in terms of arms sales and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - outlines BAE Systems’ Strengths and Weaknesses, and weigh Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - understand BAE Systems’ corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as arms sales.
- Key Developments - showcase BAE Systems’ significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
- How does BAE Syetems rank among Defense and Security service providers in the United Kingdom and globally?
- What are BAE Systems’ main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2012 in terms of arms sales?
- How has BAE Systems performed in comparison to competitors such as Rolls Royce, Babcock, Serco, and QinetiQ?
- What are BAE Systems’ strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?