Advances in Parasitology, Volume 99, the latest in a series first published in 1963, contains comprehensive and up-to-date reviews on all areas of interest in contemporary parasitology. The series includes medical studies of parasites of major influence, along with reviews of more traditional areas, such as zoology, taxonomy, and life history, which help to shape current thinking and applications. This new release includes sections on climate change and NTDs, Leprosy, parasite cultures, molecular epidemiology of Anisakis and anisakiasis, evolution in triatomine vectors of Chagas disease, expanding the vector control toolbox for Malaria elimination, and parasites of the giant panda.
- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field of parasitology
- Includes medical studies of parasites of major influence, such as Plasmodium falciparum and trypanosomes
- Contains contributions from leading authorities and industry experts
- Features reviews of more traditional areas, such as zoology, taxonomy, and life history, which help to shape current thinking and applications
1. Parasites of the Giant Panda: A Risk Factor in the Conservation of a Species Tao Wang, Yue Xie, Youle Zheng, Chengdong Wang, Desheng Li, Anson V. Koehler, and Robin B. Gasser 2. The Evolutionary Biology, Ecology and Epidemiology of Coccidia of Passerine Birds Alex Knight, John G. Ewen, Patricia Brekke, and Anna W. Santure 3. Monogenean Parasite Cultures: Current Techniques and Recent Advances K.S. Hutson, A.K. Brazenor, D.B. Vaughan, and A. Trujillo-González 4. Molecular Epidemiology of Anisakis and Anisakiasis: An Ecological and Evolutionary Road Map Simonetta Mattiucci, Paolo Cipriani, Arne Levsen, Michela Paoletti, and Giuseppe Nascetti 5. Evolution, Systematics, and Biogeography of the Triatominae, Vectors of Chagas Disease Fernando Araujo Monteiro, Christiane Weirauch, Márcio Felix, Cristiano Lazoski, and Fernando Abad-Franch 6. Expanding the Vector Control Toolbox for Malaria Elimination: A Systematic Review of the Evidence Yasmin A. Williams, Lucy S. Tusting, Sophia Hocini, Patricia M. Graves, Gerry F. Killeen, Immo Kleinschmidt, Fredros O. Okumu, Richard G.A. Feachem, Allison Tatarsky, and Roly D. Gosling