We surveyed U.S.-based vapers though an online panel, which sampled the population in four key U.S. regions. Here’s what we found.
- In December 2016, we surveyed U.S.-based vapers through an online panel, which sampled the population in four key U.S. regions.
- The majority of e-cig users chose closed systems as their primary device.
- The market primarily consists of dual users (75%), a slight decrease on our 2015 survey.
- Overall, the majority of e-cig users vape less than daily. Even considering vapers who exclusively use e-cigs and not tobacco products (solus users), only 52% of them vape daily.
- The majority of closed-system sales and a high proportion of open-system sales go through the traditional tobacco channel, which appears to have grown in popularity since 2015.
- Sales are shifting toward traditional retail channels, which is surprising for open-system users, who generally prefer to shop at vape stores.
- The open-system market is highly fragmented in terms of brands, especially within e-liquid.
- Tobacco, menthol and fruit are the most popular flavours and dual users prefer tobacco.
- The majority of vapers use a secondary device and approximately a quarter use a secondary device belonging to a different type of e-cig.
Who Should Purchase:
- Suppliers and Providers
- retailers and online retailers
- Government and regulators
- Consultancy agencies
- Business developers
- Compliance Managers
- Regulatory and market analysts
- Project Managers
- Operations Manager
- Managing directors
- Product manager
- Marketing director
- marketing manager
- store manager
1. Executive summary
2. Introduction and methodology
3. Form factors
4. Tobacco cigarette use in combination with e-cigarettes
5. Usage frequency of e-cigarettes and consumption
7. Consumer preferences
8. Secondary devices
9. Most popular brands