The focus of the report is the twenty leading dairy companies in Africa - the companies driving the development of the African dairy industry. The twenty include eight of the worlds largest dairy companies and the two largest carbonated drinks suppliers globally (both minority partners in significant African dairy businesses). Of the twenty, ten are based in Europe and six are African. Through better understanding of the African activities of these companies the reader will better understand how the African industry is developing, and where opportunities are being found.
The report has 67 pages of distilled data and insight. It builds on almost twenty years of field research in dairy markets in Africa and the Middle East, complemented by extensive desk research.
Detailed company profiles answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading dairy companies in Africa?
- Which markets are they investing in?
- How much are they investing?
- What products are they producing?
- How are they structured to supply a continent of 54 countries?
- What are their main brands?
- What are their sales in Africa?
In addition to detailed company profiles the report answers fundamental questions such as: Why the current focus on Africa? Who are the consumer groups being targeted? What products are demanded and how are they being adapted for African markets?
- Why Africa?
- Emerging Consumer Markets
- The Companies
4. Friesland Campina
5. Fomageries Bel
7. Arla Foods
9. PZ Cussons (Nutricima)
11. Clover Industries Limited
14. Arabian Food Industries (Domty)
15. Obour Land
16. Arab Dairy Products Company (PANDA)
17. Fonterra Co-Operative Group Ltd.
19. Kuwait Food Company (Americana)
20. International Dairy and Juice Limited (Almarai/ PepsiCo joint venture)
Insight 1: Yoghurt - Commercialising a Traditional Product
Insight 2: Growing Interest in Infant formula
Insight 3: Evaporated Milk - The Standard Milk Format in Many Markets
Insight 4: Local Sourcing In Nigeria
Insight 5: Growing Demand For Processed Cheese
Insight 6: Corporate Social Responsibility
Insight 7: Fat Filled Milk Powder - A Lower Cost Alternative
Insight 8: From Loose to Packaged Milk
Insight 9: White Cheese - A Staple Food In Egypt
Insight 10: Investment in Egypt
List of Tables and Illustrations:
Illustration 1: Loose Products and Low Cost Commercial Options
Table 1: Africa’s Leading Dairy Companies, 2016
Table 2: Dairy Products In Africa By Company, 2016
Table 3: Manufacturing Locations For Dairy Products By Country, 2016
Table 4: Danone: Manufacturing Presence in Africa, 2016
Table 5: Nestlé: Regional Structure in Africa, 2016
Table 6: Nestlé: Dairy Factories in Africa, 2016
Table 7: Lactalis Group: Manufacturing Presence in Africa, 2016
Table 8: Friesland Campina: Manufacturing Presence in Africa, 2016
Table 9: Fromageries Bel: Manufacturing Presence in Africa, 2016
Table 10: Arla Foods: Presence in Africa, 2016
Table 11: Promasidor: Dairy Manufacturing Plants in Africa, 2016
Table 12: Fonterra: Manufacturing in Africa, 2016
- Arab Dairy Products Company (PANDA)
- Arabian Food Industries (Domty)
- Arla Foods
- Clover Industries Limited
- Fomageries Bel
- Fonterra Co-Operative Group Ltd.
- Friesland Campina
- International Dairy and Juice Limited (Almarai/ PepsiCo joint venture)
- Kuwait Food Company (Americana)
- Obour Land
- PZ Cussons (Nutricima)