Skopje is the capital city of the Republic of Macedonia and the country’s largest city in terms of population. The skopje metropolitan region holds 30% share of the nation’s population and the region’s economy accounts for 34.1% of the nation’s GDP.
“City Profile - Skopje” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Skopje.The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector mainly drives the economic growth of the region, accounting for 63% of total GDP.
- Skopje metropolitan region is a key tourist destination in Macedonia as 42.1% of the total international tourist arrivals to the Republic of Macedonia visited Skopje in 2015.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
List of Tables
Table 1: Skopje region - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Skopje region - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Skopje region - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Skopje region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Skopje region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Skopje region - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 7: Skopje region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Skopje Petrovec International Airport - key airport indicators, 2016
Table 9: Skopje city - office rents, 2016
Table 10: Skopje region - visitors by domestic and international category, 2014-16
Table 11: Skopje region - international visitors by country of residence
Table 12: Skopje city - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Skopje region - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Skopje region - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Skopje region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Skopje region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Skopje region - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Skopje region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)