Total fuel consumption in Hungary increased by 5.4% in 2016 compared to the previous year. Furthermore, Fuel prices rose for the first time since 2012 in 2016, the price of petrol rose by 9.3%, and diesel prices increased by 20.2%. The value of fuel sales has increased for the first time since 2012, but it broke this trend in 2016 rising by 23.8% to €3,978.6m.
As of 2016, 80.4% of service stations in Hungary featured a shop and 31.5% of service stations feature a car wash. The total number of service stations with a shop decreased 2.9% in 2016. However, the total number of service stations with a car wash in Hungary increased 0.8%.
The top four fuel retailers in Hungary accounted for 74.2% of the number of service station shops in the country. Meanwhile, MOL has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, at 275 sites, amounting to 57.7% of the national network.
In 2016, only two of the top four fuel retailers, expanded their service station networks. The top four fuel retailers -MOL, Shell, OMV and LUKOIL accounted for 61.2% of service stations in Hungary in 2016. MOL is the leading player in the service station shop market, with 98.1% of its sites featuring a shop. 38.7% of all service station sites with a shop are MOL branded.
The report "Service Station Retailing in Hungary 2017", provides an executive-level overview of the Hungarian service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from our service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned motorway and unmanned sites. Company Fuel Volumes, Values, Market Shares and major competitor analysis by country.
Companies mentioned in this report: MOL, Shell, OMV, AS24, Lukoil
- Total fuel consumption in Hungary increased by 5.4% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- MOL has the largest service station network, at 479 sites, amounting to 31.7% of the national network.
- The top four fuel retailers in Hungary accounted for 74.2% of the number of service station shops in the country.
- The total number of service stations with a car wash in Hungary increased 0.8% at 477 sites.
- Identify who are the top four players in Hungary and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top four players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.
- Service Station Competitor Overview
- Service Station Market Overview
- Competitor ranking in 2015 compared to 2016
- Market Size - MOL
- Market Size - Shell
- Market Size - OMV
- Market Size - LUKOIL
- Service Station Shop Network
- Service Station Shops - MOL
- Service Station Shops - Shell
- Service Station Shops - OMV
- Service Station Shops - LUKOIL
- Service Station Car Wash Network
- Service Station Car Wash - MOL
- Service Station Car Wash - Shell
- Service Station Car Wash - OMV
- Service Station Car Wash - LUKOIL