Total fuel consumption in Slovakia decreased by 4.0% in 2016 compared to the previous year. Volume sales of petrol decreased in 2016 by 11.1%. However, Diesel consumption marginally increased to 1,315 Million liters. Fuel prices rose for the first time since 2012 in 2016, the price of petrol rose by 10.9%, and diesel prices increased by 15.2%. The value of fuel sales has increased for the first time since 2011, but it broke this trend in 2016 rising by 9.3%.
Total number of service stations in Slovakia decreased by 0.6% in 2016. Slovnaft has the largest service station network, at 252 sites. In 2016, only one of the top five fuel retailers expanded their service station networks. The top five fuel retailers -Slovnaft, OMV, Jurki, Shell and Tesco accounted for 74.5% of service stations in Slovakia in 2016.
As of 2016, 93.9% of service stations in Slovakia featured a shop. The total number of service stations with a shop increased 4.7% in 2016. The top five fuel retailers in Slovakia accounted for 72.9% of the number of service station shops in the country. Slovnaft is the leading player in the service station shop market.
27.4% of service stations in Slovakia feature a car wash. The total number of service stations with a car wash in Slovakia remained stable. Slovnaft has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, amounting to 63.3% of the national network. Of the top five players, OMV was the only retailer to increase the number of sites with a car wash in its network in 2016.
The report "Service Station Retailing in Slovakia 2017", provides an executive-level overview of the Slovakian service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from our service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned, motorway and unmanned sites.
Companies mentioned in this report: Slovnaft, OMV, Shell, Jurki, Tesco
- Total fuel consumption in Slovakia decreased by 4.0% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- Slovnaft has the largest service station network, at 252 sites, amounting to 36.7% of the national network.
- The top five fuel retailers in Slovakia accounted for 72.9% of the number of service station shops in the country.
- Identify who are the top five players in Slovakia and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.
Service Station Market Overview
Competitor ranking in 2015 compared to 2016
Market Size - Slovnaft
Market Size - OMV
Market Size - Jurki
Market Size - Shell
Market Size - Tesco
Service Station Shop Network
Service Station Shops - Slovnaft
Service Station Shops - OMV
Service Station Shops - Jurki
Service Station Shops - Shell
Service Station Shops - Tesco
Service Station Car Wash Network
Service Station Car Wash - Slovnaft
Service Station Car Wash - OMV
Service Station Car Wash - Jurki
Service Station Car Wash - Shell
Service Station Car Wash - Tesco