"Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
One of the key features of the Nigerian cigarette market concerns the fact that it is one of the few in the world where non-duty paid sales were traditionally higher than legitimate volumes. As a result of improved government efforts to stamp out illegal trade, sales were estimated to have reached 18.4 billion pieces in 2015, while non-duty paid sales have declined to 5.2 billion pieces in the same year. BAT remains the major player on the cigarette market, accounting for 75% of sales volumes.
- Filter cigarettes now dominate, accounting for over 99% of duty paid sales.
- King size/long lengths are now the largest sector with over 90% of sales.
- Based on the assumption of a generally positive economic picture alongside strong population growth and political stability, cigarettes consumption volumes are expected to increase by 43.9% between 2016 and 2026 in the legitimate market.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990-2016
Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990-2015
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 4: Cigarette Market by Pack Type, Billion Pieces, 2000-2008
Table 5: Cigarette Market by Pack Type, %, 2000-2008
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, billion Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2016
Table 8: Brands by Category
Table 9: Average Retail Prices of cigarette Brands in Ibadan, Nigeria, May 2013
Table 10: Price Index (Alcohol & Tobacco), 2009-2016
Table 11: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Region ( Nigeria), %, 2012
Table 13: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces & % 1990-2015
Table 14: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2014
Table 15: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 17: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 18: Company profile: British American Tobacco (Nigeria) Ltd
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance