For years now we have heard the mantra that it is wrong to export crude oil and unprocessed natural gas. That they, in fact, ought to be processed and that finished products ought to be sold. This task, however, is not that trivial. The market for petrochemistry is a separate world and one has to understand if there is a place for our products there. The question is not only if there is enough production capacity; the trouble is there might not be unoccupied market niches.
This new report provides an understanding of what the structure of this industry is like today; exactly what products are in demand; what will be in demand in the near future; and whether Russia’s strategy is correct.
In the report you will find answers to the following questions:
The structure of the global market for petrochemistry
- Key primary products and demand structure: propylene, ethylene, chlorine, p-Xylene, and others
- Basic supply chains
- Key players and users
The most promising segments of natural gas-based petrochemistry, including methanol and olefins
- Supply chains and creation of value
- Supply and demand
The market for industrial gases:
- Key producers
- How capacious and interesting is it?
- Are the expectations correct?
- As Russian projects in the East are discussed, the subject of helium is raised very often. The idea of helium export accompanies the project to supply gas to China and to develop the Kovyktinskoye field. But is there a place for Russian helium in the market?
Forecast: what does Russia intend to produce and is the target well-chosen?
- An assessment of the adequacy of the largest petrochemical projects
- The influence of low prices on their cost-effectiveness
- Will we fit in the market?
- Will export to China live up to expectations?
INDUSTRIAL GASES MARKET OVERVIEW
- Helium market: Current Status & Long-term Trends. Russia’s Place
MARKET FOR PETROCHEMICALS: OVERVIEW & KEY TRENDS
OLEFINS & POLYOLEFINS MARKET OVERVIEW
- Key Trends on Ethylene Market
- Analysis of Ethylene Production Costs. Market Forecast
POLYOLEFINS: POLYETHYLENE & POLYPROPYLENE MARKET OVERVIEW
RUSSIA IN MARKET FOR KEY MONOMERS & POLYMERS
- Structure of Raw Materials and Pyrolysis Capacity in Russia: Current and Forecast
- Key Petrochemical Projects in Russia: Forecast for Capacity Growth and Development of Key Clusters
- Market Overview for Key Polymers in Russia
- Prospects for Export of Key Polymers: Two Scenarios to 2030
US ROLE IN OLEFINS & POLYOLEFINS MARKET
KEY TRENDS ON METHANOL MARKET
- MTO/MTP Technologies: Impact of Their Economics on Methanol’s Future
- Russia’s Position on Global Methanol Market
- Methanol Market Development Prospects
IRAN’S AMBITIOUS PLANS: FICTION OR REALITY?
RUSSIA’S PROSPECTS IN PETROCHEMICAL MARKET: MEDIUM-TERM FORECAST