India's film industry outperforms the rest of its economy but one consequence of this is that it is growing more slowly than other sectors, which are catching up. Against this background, the modernisation of India's exhibition industry is proving a longer haul than many hoped due to the mismatch between Indian incomes and the capital expenditure requirements of modern cinemas.
On the plus side, the market already has one much-needed deep-pocketed investor in the shape of the Mexican exhibitor Cinepolis. The current state of play, an assessment of the data available and company financials all feature in this account of the market.
1.2 Films and Distribution
1.4 Cinemas and Digital
- PVR Cinemas
- INOX Leisure
- Carnival Cinemas
List of Tables
- Indian Cinema Market 2011-2016
- Indian Feature Films Certified in the Top Ten Languages 2013-2016
- Top Ten Hollywood Films Box Office 2012-2016
- Cinema Screens 2011-2016
- Leading Multiplex Operators 2013-2016
- PVR Cinemas Financial Performance 2016-2017
- INOX Leisure Financial Performance 2016-2017
- India Forecasts 2016-2021