Now in its North American edition, this must-have guide from ISO 27001 expert Alan Calder helps you get to grips with the requirements of the Standard and make your ISO 27001 implementation project a success:
- Details the key steps of an ISO 27001 project from inception to certification.
- Explains each element of the ISO 27001 project in simple, non-technical language.
- An ideal guide for anyone tackling ISO 27001 implementation for the first time.
Step-by-step guidance on a successful ISO 27001 implementation from an industry leader
Resilience to cyber attacks requires an organization to defend itself across all of its attack surface: people, processes, and technology. ISO 27001 is the international standard that sets out the requirements of an information security management system (ISMS) – a holistic approach to information security that encompasses people, processes, and technology.
Accredited certification to the Standard is recognized worldwide as the hallmark of best-practice information security management.
Achieving and maintaining accredited certification to ISO 27001 can be complicated, especially for those who are new to the Standard.
Author of Nine Steps to Success – An ISO 27001 Implementation Overview, Alan Calder is the founder and executive chairman of IT Governance. He led the world’s first implementation of a management system certified to BS 7799, the forerunner to ISO 27001, and has been working with the Standard ever since.
Hundreds of organizations around the world have achieved accredited certification to ISO 27001 with IT Governance’s guidance, which is distilled in this book.
Successfully implement ISO 27001 with this must-have guide
Aligned with the latest iteration of ISO 27001:2013, the North American edition of Nine Steps to Success – An ISO 27001 Implementation Overview is ideal for anyone tackling ISO 27001 for the first time. In nine critical steps, the guide covers each element of the ISO 27001 project in simple, non-technical language. There is a special focus on how US organizations can tackle this governance.
This book offers guidance throughout implementation:
- Getting management support and keeping the board’s attention.
- Creating a management framework and performing a gap analysis so that you can clearly understand the controls you already have in place, and identify where you need to focus.
- Structuring and resourcing your project, including advice on whether to use a consultant or do it yourself, and examining the tools and resources that will make your job easier.
- Conducting a five-step risk assessment, and creating a Statement of Applicability (SoA) and risk treatment plan (RTP).
- Guidance on integrating your ISO 27001 ISMS with an ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS) and other management systems.
- Addressing the documentation challenges you’ll face as you create business policies, procedures, work
- instructions, and records – including viable alternatives to a costly trial-and-error approach.
- Continual improvement of your ISMS, including internal auditing and testing, and management review.
- The six secrets to certification success.
If you’re tackling ISO 27001 for the first time, Nine Steps to Success – An ISO 27001 Implementation Overview will give you the guidance you need to understand the Standard’s requirements and ensure your implementation project is a success – from inception to certification.