What is cast polymer?
Cast polymers undergo molding process to enhance their strength. They are artificially manufactured and consist of bonded polymers in their chemical structure. Compared to conventional polymers cast polymers have enhanced physical properties such as brittleness, stain resistance and many others. It is renowned for its high translucence, contemporary colors and timely elegance. Cast polymers are made up of raw materials such as alumina trihydrate, resins, calcium carbonate, resins such as polyester, acrylic. In addition to the above raw materials, natural stone silica is also employed to produce cast polymer.
What are the major applications for cast polymer?
The inclusion of quarried stone in the manufacturing process has opened up a wide range of application areas for the cast polymer industry. Cleaning agents that are nonabrasive can be used on the cast polymer directly to be cleaned and work efficiently. The cast polymers can resist stains and are majorly used in kitchen and bath surfaces such as countertops, vanity tops, shower walls, bathtub, sinks, shower bases, molding accents, window sills, shower receptors, enclosure seats, lavatories etc. Cast polymers are now preferred due to their superior mechanical properties which can provide better construction, and adhere to higher quality control standards.
Market Research and Market Trends of Americas cast polymer market
- Cast polymers is majorly used in remodeling and construction of the various end use segments such as kitchens, water pipes and many other such applications. They are built with artistically and aesthetically pleasing designs with various colors, shapes at affordable prices.
- Manufacturers have started to develop their own propriety technologies in order to develop more aesthetically pleasing and easy to use surfaces. TruStone Photofuzion a technique to manufacture cast polymers provides a look of a stone. It is offered as an alternative to granite stones, marbles which are very heavy and can’t be cleaned easily.
- Manufacturers have also started to use different techniques to print images on to the slabs and other curved surfaces such as wash basins, shower bases etc. This allows the consumers to have their own customized images on different surfaces.
- Robust growth in both industrial and residential construction sector is driving the cast polymer market. Given the fact that there are relatively low number of players operating in the market a huge market opportunity is open for new players to enter the emerging markets such as Asia Pacific. In addition availability of inexpensive labor and low procurement costs in developing countries are a great opportunity for the further growth of the market. The existing players also have a huge opportunity to expand their foot print in the emerging economies.
- Manufacturers are automating the manufacturing techniques given the fact that there would be unavoidable health hazards due to the silica based engineering composites in manual manufacturing. The new automated manufacturing techniques adopted would reduce the wastage of material, increases consistency and quality of the product. This would lead to players operating efficiently through economies of scale and investing extensively in research and Development. This would further lead to reduction of price of the product and increase demand.
- The latest trend in the cast polymer industry forecast to be green fillers and resins, driven in part by the high prices of petroleum, which made green sources more cost competitive and are used in both residential and commercial installations.
- The increasing demand for adoption of green fillers and resins in the cast polymer industry is an emerging trend in the cast polymer market. The demand is majorly due to initiatives introduced by Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design programs which enables builders to get credit for incorporating recycled content. The fabricators have started to use recycled fillers instead of bio-resins to reduce the cost.
Who are the Major Players in Americas cast polymer market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Bradley Corporation (US), The R.J. Marshall Company (US), Huber engineered materials (US), AGCO, Inc. (US), DuPont (US), Solid cast polymer LLC. (US), 3M (US), Berry Global Group (US), Eastman (US), LG hausys and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – deals, M&A’s partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Table of Contents
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6.2. Engineered Composites
6.3. Solid Surface Materials
6.4. Engineered Stone
7.2. Alumina Try Hydrate (ATH)
7.3. Calcium carbonate
7.5. Natural stone/quartz
8.2.1. New Construction
220.127.116.11. Kitchen Sinks
18.104.22.168. Bathroom Sinks
22.214.171.124. Kitchen Sinks
126.96.36.199. Bathroom Sinks
8.3. Non Residential
8.3.2. Office & Commercial
9.1.4. Rest of North America
9.2. South America
9.2.7. Costa Rica
9.2.8. Rest of South America
10.2. Technological developments
10.3. Merger and acquisition & joint ventures
11.2. The R.J. Marshall Company (US)
11.3. Huber engineered materials (US)
11.4. AGCO, Inc. (US)
11.5. DuPont (US)
11.6. Solid cast polymer LLC. (US)
11.7. 3M (US)
11.8. Berry Global Group (US)
11.9. Eastman (US)
11.10. LG hausys
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights