Communications service providers (CSPs) are well on their way to cloudifying their IT data centres and applications, but have only just begun to tap NFV/SDN technology to radically automate networks and network operations. This report analyses the drivers behind the USD33.5 billion forecast for the software-controlled networking (SCN) market in 2021, and the potential pitfalls that could jeopardise CSP execution strategies.
This Forecast Report Provides:
- A detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the SCN market, split into:
- Three market segments: NFV, SDN and cloud computing
- Three market sub-segments: hardware, software and professional services
- Eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP); Latin America (LATAM); the Middle East and North Africa (MENA); North America (NA); Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- An examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- Analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the SCN market
- A detailed market definition
- Recommendations for communications service providers (CSPs) and vendors.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the key trends and factors that will affect the softwarecontrolled networking (SCN) market during 2017–2021?
- What are the growth rates in each of the sub-segments?
- What are the regional factors that will drive growth?
- What should vendors do to exploit new business opportunities?
- How will professional services perform during the forecast period?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors that will influence CSP spending on software-controlled networking?
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Developed Asia–Pacific
- Emerging Asia–Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
- North America
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Western Europe
- NFV, SDN and cloud computing spending are split into hardware, software and services.
- Software is segmented into the virtualisation layer, VNFs and other applications and OSS/management.
- OSS/management is split into service orchestration, service assurance, VIM, SDN control and network orchestration.
Who Needs to Read this Report?
- SCN vendor product managers and business development managers who need an independent third-party view of market opportunity size and timing.
- CSP planning and operations staff eager to gauge the progress of the SCN market by spending type, region, and technology for comparison to their own situation.
- Professional services vendors and systems integrators that want to understand the growth opportunities over the next 5 years.
This report is delivered as PPTX and PDF and contains 68 slides.