The Competitive Intelligence Report "Anti-VEGF & Anti-VEGF-R Biosimilars and Biosuperiors of Avastin, Cyramza, Eylea and Lucentis - a 2017 Update" provides a competitor evaluation in the field of recombinant antibodies, proteins and vaccines targeting vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) or its receptors (VEGF-R) for treatment of a variety of cancer indications and retinal diseases as of November 2017.
Therapeutic antibodies targeting vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) or VEGF receptor (VEGF-R) are a highly successful class of products as evidenced by total sales of US$ 16 bln in 2016. Sales of anti-VEGF ophthalmic products continue to rise, while Avastin has come to an inflection point, also by the first approval of an Avastin biosimilar by the FDA.
The forthcoming patent expiries in the major markets have attracted a number of companies with global development of Avastin biosimilars in advanced clinical stages.
So far, less attention has been paid to anti-VEGF antibodies used for treatment of ophthalmic diseases although the approved antibody products are attractive targets for the second wave of biosimilar antibodies because of the impressive market growth fueled by the clinical success and patent expiries in the mid-term.
The report includes a compilation of currently active projects in development of VEGF and VEGF-R targeting antibodies, proteins or vaccines for treatment of cancer and neo-angiogenic eye diseases.
Competitor projects are listed in a tabular format providing information on:
- Drug Codes
- Target/Mechanism of Action
- Class of Compound
- Product Category
- R&D Stage
- Additional comments with a hyperlink leading to the source of information.
About Competitor Analysis Series:
The Competitor Analysis series delivers NO-FRILLS, but concise information about the pipeline of R&D projects for targets, diseases, technologies and companies at low prices. The information is provided in a tabular format and fully referenced.
1. Marketed Products in Oncology
- Avastin, Zaltrap & Cyramza Sales 2008 - 2016
- Avastin Sales & Indication Portfolio
- Zaltrap Sales & Indication
- Cyramza Sales & Indication Portfolio
2. Biosuperiors in Oncology
- Anti-VEGF Biosuperiors of Avastin
- Bispecific Anti-VEGF Biosuperiors of Avastin
- Bispecific Anti-VEGF Proteins
- Anti-VEGF-R Biosuperiors of Cyramza
- Anti-VEGF-R Vaccines
- Bispecific Anti-VEGF-R Biosuperiors of Cyramza
3. Biosimilars in Oncology
- Avastin Biosimilars in Global Development
- Avastin Biosimilar Developments in Less Regulated Markets
- Avastin Biosimilar Developments in Early Stages
4. Marketed Products in Ophthalmology
- Lucentis & Eylea Sales 2008 - 2016
- Eylea Sales & Indication Portfolio
- Lucentis Sales & Indication Portfolio
- Lang Mu Sales & Indication Portfolio
5. Biosuperiors in Ophthalmology
- Antibody-Mediated Anti-VEGF Biosuperiors in Ophthalmology
- Other Anti-VEGF Biosuperiors in Ophthalmology
6. Biosimilars in Ophthalmology
- Lucentis Biosimilars
- Eylea Biosimilars