- 56 data tables and 6 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for tactile printing
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Analyses of the market by application, by technology type, by end users, and by region.
- Discussion of different tactile printing technologies, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Distribution of patent activity relating to tactile printing
- Current and upcoming government regulations relating to both security and accessibility for the visually impaired
- Profiles of companies involved or potentially involved in tactile printing
This report considers commercial- and industrial-scale tactile printing equipment, as relevant to applications that include printing of packages, labels, currency, security documents and accessibility for the blind and visually impaired, including both braille and tactile graphics. For a detailed list of segments and breakdowns included in the scope of this report, please refer to the bullet lists below, near the end of this chapter. This report reviews and considers relevant and applicable technologies, references regulations to the extent that they drive or interfere with tactile printing market development, summarizes market developments, identifies industry trends and their influence on markets, provides a summary of relevant industry organizations and their function, provides a detailed patent analysis and provides insights and key information to support business- and investment-related strategy decisions. Note that this report does not consider small-scale consumer products such as handheld or manual embossing presses. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Research Information Sources
- Intended Audience
- Technology Breakdowns
- Application Breakdowns
- Geographic Breakdown
2: Summary and Highlights
- Table Summary : Global Market for Tactile Printing, by Application Category, Through 2022
- Figure Summary : Global Market for Tactile Printing, by Application Category, 2016-2022
3: Market and Technology Background
- What is Tactile Printing?
- What is NOT Tactile Printing?
- History of Tactile Printing
- Tactile Printing: Applications
- Tactile Printing: Technologies
- Summary of Tactile Print Technologies and Applications
- Tactile Print and Graphics: Technologies Not Considered
- Microcapsule Paper and Fusers
- Benefits of Tactile Printing
- Drawbacks of Tactile Printing
- Emerging Technologies
4: Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- Gravure Printing
- Screen Printing
- Inkjet Printing
- Regional Market Summary
- Market Summary by Technology
5: Market Breakdown by Application
- Currency and Security
- Accessibility for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Market Summary by Application
6: Industry Trends
- Tactile Printing Supply Chains
- Industry Organizations
7: Patent Review/ New Developments
- Tactile Printing
8: Company Profiles
- Agfa-Gevaert Nv
- American Foundation For The Blind
- American Thermoform
- Braigo Labs Inc.
- Braille Plus
- Braille Works Inc.
- Canadian Bank Note Company
- Cerutti Group
- Cet Color
- Compress (Impression Technology Pty Ltd)
- Direct Color Systems
- Enabling Technologies Inc.
- Flxon Incorporated
- Fuji Xerox
- Giesecke & Devrient Gmbh
- GN Flexo
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen Aktiengesellschaft
- Hewlett Packard Company
- Index Braille
- Industrial Engraving Corporation
- Kao Collins Inc.
- Konica Minolta
- Mimaki Engineering Company Ltd.
- Newfoil Machines Ltd.
- Nippon Telesoft Corporation Ltd.
- Phoseon Technology
- Quantum Technology
- Roland Dg Corporation
- Shenzhen Runtianzhi Digital Equipment Company Ltd.
- SKM Machine Company Ltd.
- Sun Chemical
- Telstar Engineering
- Viewplus Technologies Inc.
- Xeikon NV
- Zhejiang Jinbao Machinery Co., Ltd.