- 25 data tables and 17 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for nanowire-based devices
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGR) through 2022
- A comprehensive review of current and emerging applications, and descriptions of various types of nanowire-based devices (e.g., metallic, semiconducting, and ceramic)
- Identification of market segments that have the highest growth based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends
- Information on the fabrication technologies currently used to manufacture nanowire-based devices, known technical issues, and status of development and commercialization of these devices
- Information on the leading producers of nanowire-based devices and geographical distribution of manufacturers
- Detailed company profiles of leading industry players
This report provides an updated review of various types of nanowire-based devices and their fabrication processes, and identifies current and emerging applications for these products.
The current market status for nanowire-based devices delineates, defines trends, and presents growth forecasts for the next five years. The nanowire-based device market is analyzed based on the following segments: device category, material, and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest process developments, are discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of nanowire-based devices are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for nanowire-based devices are also identified and grouped according to five main categories (electronics, optoelectronics, energy, medical, and sensors and actuators).
The second section provides a technological review of nanowire-based devices. This section offers a revised and detailed description of fabrication processes for nanowire-based devices; typical materials used to produce nanowires; technological trends in device fabrication; and new and emerging fabrication methods. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2015, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for, as well as highlighting the most active research organizations operating in this field.
The third section entails a global market analysis for nanowire-based devices. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (device category, material, and region), with actual data referring to the years 2015 and 2016, and estimates for 2017.
The analysis of current revenues for nanowire-based devices is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, and industry and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for nanowire-based devices within each segment, together with forecast compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2017 through 2022.
In the fourth section of the study, which covers global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading suppliers of nanowires and nanowire-based devices, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these firms and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an analysis of recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to nanowire-based devices, materials, fabrication methods, and applications. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, device type, and material type.
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Intended Audience
- Scope of Report
- Methodology and Information Sources
- Market Breakdown
2: Summary and Highlights
- Table Summary : Global Market for Nanowire-based Devices, by Category, Through 2022
- Figure Summary : Global Market for Nanowire-based Devices, by Category, 2015-2022
3: Market and Technology Background
- The Nanotechnology Industry
- Milestones in the History of Nanowire-based Devices
- Types and Applications of Nanowire-based Devices
- Nanowire Fabrication Technologies
- Nanowire Materials
- Latest Technological Developments, 2015 to Present
- Other Relevant R&D Activities
5: Global Markets
- Analysis Outline
- Global Market Summary
- Current Market Status
- Market Growth Trends
- Market Forecast
6: Global Industry Structure
- Leading Manufacturers of Nanowire Products
- Other Industry Players
- Company Profiles
7: Patent Analysis
- Summary of Recently Awarded Patents
- General Trends
- Trends by Country and Region
- Trend by Assignee
- Trends by Patent Category
- Trends by Device Type
- Trends by Nanowire Material Type
Margareth Gagliardi has extensive experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. For more than 20 years, she has held management positions in both manufacturing and R&D within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical and structural components. She currently works as a consultant serving a variety of organizations and research institutions. She holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and an M.S. in Ceramic Engineering.