It is pertinent to note that an investment to the tune of approximately USD 5.2 Billion, is what Indian refining industry is anticipating till 2020 in developing its brownfield refineries. In this line India’s largest downstream player, IOCL also plans to invest about USD 27 Billion in coming 5-7 years to expand its refining capacity from 80.7 MTPA to about 150 MTPA through both brownfield and greenfield capacity creation. Not only this, but the other dominant industry players such as BPCL, HPCL etc. are also not far behind in catching up the footprints of IOCL in this regard. For instance, BPCL has invested an amount of USD 2.5 Billion in an Integrated Refinery Expansion Project at its Kochi refinery. Like this, there are many examples indicating the market size expansion of India’s Brownfield Refinery segment.
India is a major demand centre and supply hub of petroleum products in Asia. Infact, with demand for petrol growing at 6%, the country is anticipated to surpass China by 2018 becoming Asia’s fatest growing oil market. Having said that, despite this growing demand India might not see greenfield refinery capacities coming its way for atleast upcoming 2-3 years here on. But, this doesn’t fade way the investment attractiveness of the refining industry in India, as the country plans to focus on modernizing , technologically upgrading and capacity expansion of the already existing refineries.
Key Queries Resolved:
- What are the key factors driving refinery business market in India?
- What shall be the market for refined products in India till 2022?
- How fair would be the gasoline market in India till 2022?
- What would be the demand-supply dynamics of petrochemicals till 2022?
- How fair would be the LPG market in India till 2022?
- Whether the future of refining industry in India would be a continuous retreat or rising profitability?
- What would be the demand of diesel oil in India till 2022?
- What would be the capital investment trends in upcoming refineries in India?
- What would be the player wise refining capacity expansions in India till 2022?
- What would be the market share of players into India’s refining industry till 2022 by capacity?
- What would be the market share of players into India’s refining industry till 2022 by revenue?
- What would be the market share of players into India’s refining industry till 2022 by products?
- Evaluating the business attractive index -parametric benchmarking for Indian refining industry
- Examining business opportunities in creating additional capacity
- Examining business case for value chain players into refining industry for market expansion
- Evaluating product wise refining capacities and forecasts till 2022
- Identifying major restraints to refining business in India
Note: Allow 7 working days for delivery
- Refining Industry & Refined Products in India - Overview
- Refinery Business Market- Drivers & Restraints in India
- Refined Products Market Demand and Supply Dynamics in India - Examining the Current Scenario
- Refinery Capacity Expansion & Opportunities in India, Status as on 2017
- Refinery Capacities- Historic Trend and Outlook in India
- Market Share Analysis & Opportunities in Refinery Business of India - Examining the Current Market
- Market Expansion & Refining Business Matrix Evaluation
- Companies Deck for Refinery Business in India