Due to higher regional income inequality and uneven population distribution, top three provinces (Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais) account for 52% of the total domestic product and about 40% of the total population
As per the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Brazil’s infrastructure ranked 80th out of 137 nations
While services accounted for 59.1% of the overall FDI, the US and the Netherlands remained major suppliers of FDI in Brazil in 2017
- According to World Bank, Brazil has become the largest market for public-private partnerships (PPPs) in Latin America, having invested around US$386 bn in infrastructure during 1990-2017
- Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 17.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (16.2%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (12.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 6.0%, 5.3% and 5.7%, respectively, in 2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: Brazil’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: BOVESPA Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Total FDI, FDI by Sector, and FDI by Country
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 13: Oil Seeds and Oleaginous Fruits, % Share in World’s Total, 2017
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 16: Public Finance
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 19: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 20: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Gender Split
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 26: Business Enterprise R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-16
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Brazil 2019
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions