Five major regions in Czech Republic generated around 63% of the country’s GDP and comprised 55% of the country’s population, as of 2016
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 32.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (19.3%) and Wholesale, retail and hotels (13%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 2.5%, 4.9% and 3.5% respectively in 2018.
- The government has planned the construction of the Czech motorway network, expected to be completed by 2050
- PX index exhibits a moderately upward trend over the past year. As of August 17th, 2018, it stood at 1,058.1, compared to 1,037.5 on August 17th, 2017
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Czech Republic developed over the last two years with an improvement in rank from 26th in 2016 to 22nd in 2018, out of 160 countries.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Czech Republic’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Prague Stock Market Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflow and Outflow (2014-2017) and FDI by Sector (2016)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Regions (2016) and FDI by type of investment (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
Exhibit 14: Vehicles, % of World Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Czech Republic 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions