This Microelectronics TOE profiles wireless transfer of power for intensifying electric vehicle prospects, a full scale power converter combining multiple power sources, IoT-aimed power converter that facilitates reduction of resting power, next-gen antennas for 5G base stations, and a smart antenna for collecting high-quality geospatial data.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Miniaturization, a move toward lower power consumption, and the need for enhanced features are driving innovations in the electronics sector. Technology focus areas include semiconductor manufacturing and design, flexible electronics, 3D integration/IC, MEMS and NEMS, solid state lighting, advanced displays, nanoelectronics, wearable electronics, brain computer interface, advanced displays, near field communication, and next generation data storage or memory.
1. Advancements in Power Convertors and Smart Antennas
- Recent Developments in Power Convertors and Smart Antennas
- Wireless Transfer of Power for Intensifying Electric Vehicle Prospects
- Full Scale Power Converter Combining Multiple Power Sources
- IoT-Aimed Power Converter Facilitates Reduction of Resting Power
- Next-gen Antennas for 5G Base Stations
- Smart Antenna for High-quality Geospatial Data Collection
- Key Contacts