This issue of Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TOE profiles transparent fire resistant glazing and fire resistant coatings, glass substrate with low emissivity coatings, antistatic coatings on plastics, low-gloss coatings with high resistance to burnishing, and liquid adhesive coatings for protecting skin and mucous membranes.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Technology Developments in Coatings with Fire Resistance, Low Emissivity, Antistatic Properties, and Low Gloss
Recent Innovations in Coating Technologies
- Transparent Fire Resistant Glazing and Fire Resistant Coatings
- Glass Substrate with Low Emissivity (low-E) Coatings
- Antistatic Coatings on Plastics
- Low Gloss Coatings with High Resistance to Burnishing
- Liquid Adhesive Coatings for Protecting Skin and Mucous Membranes