This Aerospace and Defense TOE highlights developments and advancements in 3D printing of rocket propulsion components, bio-inspired techniques for reduce propeller noise, improved target location and acquisition, satellite imaging, nano satellites, delivery drones, flight data tracking, and aircraft tow tugs.
Aerospace and Defense TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) delves into the technologies and applications that shape both commercial and military aviation and space exploration, ranging from engine design to the latest avionics systems. The defense portion of the publication explores the many facets of 21st century military technologies, such as UAV improvements, and cutting edge battlefield medical treatment.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
1. Advancements in 3D Printing for Propulsion, Bio-inspired Noise Reduction, Satellite Imaging, Nano Satellites, Target Acquisition, Delivery Drones, Flight data Trackers, and Tow Tugs
2. Recent Innovations in Aerospace and Defense
- 3D Printing Rocket Parts
- Quieter Propellers Imitate Owl Wings
- Better Satellite Imaging of Vegetation
- All-weather Targeting System
- Putting the Internet of Things into Orbit
- Delivery Drone Avoids Obstacles
- Flight Data Tracking Could Replace Black Boxes
- More Maneuverable and Safer Airplane Tow Tug
- Notable Industry Initiatives
- Quotes and Notes
- Aerospace and Defense Patents: Modular Avionics Platform; Heat Transfer System
- Industry Contacts