The Russia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- According to preliminary estimations by the Ministry of Economy, in the first quarter of 2017 the economy continued to demonstrate a flat rate of GDP growth. However, the economy signaled a slight expansion in the last quarter of 2016 after the preceding two-year recession. The economy was supported by a positive environment for global oil prices and a curb in the decline of consumer demand. Despite these positive signs, the dynamics of economic recovery continues to remain unstable
- Inflation rates retained a tendency towards slowdown, recording a new historical low for the past 26 years at 4.3%
- The drop of real disposable income of Russian consumers in annual terms improved to -0.2% compared to -5.7% in Q4-16. The slowdown in decline of real disposable income drove a reduction in the decline rates of retail trade turnover, which stood at -1.8% compared to -4.6% in Q4-16
- In the light of positive signs of the Russian economy's gradual emergence from stagnation, within the soft drinks market, packaged water managed to post an increase of almost 2%, while carbonates demonstrated an almost flat performance
- The energy drinks category continued developing in the Russian market and enjoyed a 10% increase in consumption driven by further expansion in the regional areas of Russia
- However, the JNSD categories demonstrated highly negative performances with negative growth of approximately 10% as the categories were still victims of high retail prices driven by increased costs of mainly imported concentrated volumes.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Russia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Russia to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation
4 Market Drivers
5 Market Trends
5.1 Soft Drinks
5.1.1 Packaged Water
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water
5.1.4 Enhanced Water
5.1.5 Flavored Water
5.1.8 Still Drinks
5.1.10 Fruit Powders
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks
5.1.13 Sports Drinks
5.1.14 Energy Drinks
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks
5.3 Dairy Drinks
5.4 Hot Beverages
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update
6.1.1 Industry News
6.2 New Products & Photo Shots
7 Focus On Premiumization In Soft Drinks
8 Data Tables
9 Pricing Tables
- What is this Report About?
Table 1: Russia at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 9: Selected Retail Price Movements 2016-2017